Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The hair stylist is in charge (My hair!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The hair stylist is in charge (My hair!)
    Posted: September 20 2002 at 3:09pm
I went to the salon for my annual trim. This time I wanted to go a little shorter than before, and I wanted to add some color. Well my normal hairstylist was not there, and so I had to chose this girl named Lisa. She asked me what I wanted and I said just to my collar bone. Lisa says, ok lemme get you washed up and ready to go. She started to pin up my hair so only the back was down, she takes her scissors and makes the first cut right by my nape. I didn`t notice until she went into her and pulled out a set of clippers; she saw my nervous face and said don`t worry I you will never see it. Well the clippers popped on and she went up to my occipital line, and took the next layer down, she cut that as high up as my lips! Now this was only supposed to be a trim, not a full blown makeover. At this point I was getting really annoyed and told her, What are you doing? She said that the style wouldn`t compliment my amazing features. So she goes on cutting and now she took a large like razor and did a face frame so ragidy, it looks like I did it lol! Lisa said now its time for some pizzaz, she washes my hair out again, and took my blonde hair and colored it a lighter blonde, and then added platinum highlights, so now it looks like I have white strands of hair. I was so embarrassed that I had to go to school looking like this, its a bob that is length wise to my lip and it has a buzzed nape. I am afaid that boys are not going to find me attractive with this major makeover. Is there any way I can style this mop top, or am I just going to have to sit with it for another year. All I know is I am never going to see that hair stylist again. Anybody else have all their gorgeous hair shorned off without you concent?
Gina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2002 at 8:19pm
I`m so sorry you had such a bad experience. I had one too about three months ago, and I swear it about gave me a nervous breakdown. The lady chopped off all my bra-strap length hair into a choppy layered bob. I just wanted a neck length bob with no layers, and blonde highlights (subtle ones). The shortest layer ended up being three inches long! So I ended up looking ugly and had to spend $95 for it. It` just now looking normal again.
As for your hair, without actually seeing it it`s hard to tell what you could do with it. The color could probably be corrected easily. You might just have to get your regular stylist and get it fixed.
What do the people around you say about it? Maybe it`s not so bad as you think. We`re always more critical of ourselves.
As for this Lisa character, I would try to get your money back, and I would complain about her not doing what you asked.
I hope you feel better about your hair. Good luck! Gina
Vegeta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vegeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2002 at 12:00pm
Why do you continue to make these fake fantasy posts as if you were a young girl who gets her long hair cut off to a bob with a buzzed nape every month or so by a stylist you never had before because yours wasn`t there. What kind of twisted mind do you have. Do you really think that if young blonde Carolyn M. Bender were real that she would continue to go back to these salons where she doesn`t know the stylist and get this drastic cut over and over? And how fast exactly does "her" hair grow? I mean, the least you could do is use a different name sometimes, the registered as a junior member makes it a little believable, but how could the same person make that same mistake over and over? Not only is it physically impossible for hair to grow that quickly, but no one is that stupid. I have no idea why anyone ever replies feeling bad for "her" because "she" doesn`t exist, and I really don`t understand the rush that this guy gets from pretending he is girl getting her hair cut.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2002 at 5:50pm
Amen Vegeta, I was wondering the same myself, I couldn`t have said it any better
GingerRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2002 at 12:53pm
posted on 11-Mar-2002 5:32:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently purchased this permanent hair coloring from Herbal Essense. Now my hair is naturally a dirty blonde and this is a brighter blonde. I have a short bob up to my ear lobe and I have a buzzed nape. I love my haircut, but in the summer I wanted to dye my hair myself. So please tell me some of your experiences or the worst that may happen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carolyn M. Bender

Hmm
Carolyn I think you`ve been busted...obviously you`ve had this "buzzed nape" hairdo before...you should know how to deal with it by now.

As for me...I am a person who is growing out a short haircut...happened to me about 5 weeks ago...I come to this board for encouragement..it`s too bad that not all the posts are real !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic