Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlights to one process

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlights to one process
    Posted: November 19 2002 at 3:11pm
I have dark brown hair with golden/honey blonde highlights. I think the highlights contrast too much with my base color. I would like to do a one process color so that my hair is a light/medium brown, basically lighter than my natural color, but darker than the highlights, but I wouldn`t mind if a few of my highligts still show through. Will this be a problem?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2002 at 9:56am
I would not try to do this without the assistance of a professional. My daughter tried a one process over highlights and did it herself using a Feria color. Her hair was a red as Ronald McDonald`s. She ended up spending $125.00 and five hours in a beauty salon getting color correction (not to mention three inches cut off her ends due to them being fried). I do not think color is something you should do at home yourself.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Mary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2002 at 2:49pm
I wasn`t planning to do it at home. I was going to go to a salon. I`m not sure your daughter`s hair disaster had anything to do with her having highlights. I`ve heard that Feria always causes that problem even on hair that hasn`t been colored.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic