Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I AM SO DESPERATE PLEASE HELP ME MY HAIR IS AWFUL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I AM SO DESPERATE PLEASE HELP ME MY HAIR IS AWFUL!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mdballard333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdballard333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I AM SO DESPERATE PLEASE HELP ME MY HAIR IS AWFUL!
    Posted: January 06 2003 at 11:35pm
This is gonna be short and to the point: My hair is naturally a medium brown. I tried to dye it darker brown, and it turned out black. Is there any way i can change it back to brown without stripping the color????????
Joy88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2003 at 10:04pm
The exact same thing happened to me
about 9 months ago.
If you are near a Sallys go in and
ask them what product they use for
getting the black out. I didnt use
that product but heard it was a good
product to use. Instead I used a stripper
on my hair and after the color was
out I put a light to medium brown
color on that I could live with. It
took about 6 months for the condition
to improve. I used all of Sallys products
and they worked wonders. Good luck
caro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2003 at 3:49am
I wouldn`t use a stripper on your hair, you could end up with very dry, brittle hair what`s even worse then black hair, give it some time and use a good clarifying shampoo, the black`ll probably fade to a dark brown after a month or so
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2003 at 8:04am
I am not a color expert, but I can tell you this much from personal experience: getting black dye out is very, very difficult and most likely will involve stripping the color and leaving your hair rather fried. You`d be better off forking over the cash at a salon than attempting it yourself. But be forewarned: your hair probably won`t be in the same condition afterwards as it was pre-color. Perhaps you could get some subtle lighter brown highlights all over, which will give you a more natural look while the black grows out.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2003 at 7:15am
Hi! I did the same thing last October. I went to my stylist and she stripped it and colored it a gorgeous chestnut color. I would never have tried it at home. She used very gentle products and my hair feels absolutely wonderful. As a matter of fact. I got it trimmed with her at that time (Oct 5,2002) and i still don`t need a trim - I have layers too. I am growing it out so i am seeing how long I can go without a trim. I thought with the color change that i would have needed to go in but my hair feels and looks solid - no splits.

So if you can, go to a pro. JMHO

Jacqui
lmm View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2003 at 8:56pm
go to a salon that offers a service called modulat-
it is a sulfur solution that they can use to dissolve all of the black dye and it will not damage your hair
Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2003 at 1:37pm
The same thing has happened to me so I went to a local drug store and purchased a color stripper. I know that this can damage your hair so instead of stripping my hair to the maximum time the instructions said, I only did it until I could actual see my hair getting slightly lighter about five minutes then I rinsed it out. The results turn out good considering what my hair looked like before. I just made sure I conditioned my hair well afterwards and I didn`t have to add any more color to my hair. Beth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic