Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair straightning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abhi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair straightning
    Posted: January 06 2005 at 6:50am
hi.. i want to get my hair hair staightened(i m a guy) and i have normal hair..will straightning creams like wella or berina help..does oil make hair curl??
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 2:20pm
In my experience hair straightening creams are a waste of money, to get hair that stays straight, you need heat, whether it be blown out or straightened with hair straighteners.
m.y.o.b
prettybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by m.y.o.b m.y.o.b wrote:

In my experience hair straightening creams are a waste of money, to get hair that stays straight, you need heat, whether it be blown out or straightened with hair straighteners.

Yup. I'd say flat iron it. That's probably your best bet.
[IMG]http://www.sherimoonzombie.net/site/media/gifs/sherimoonzombie-babysmile.gif" />

CURRENT HAIR: blonde =) straight, under a tiara!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 2:45am

And use a protective product against the heat when you straighten it; it will work better, last longer and stop some of the damage to your hair.  There is a great straightening spray made by Lee Stafford, available in the UK (and I'm not sure where else - seen it on sale in Europe too, but not widely), otherwise I have heard good things about the GHD iron oil too.

If you have a friend or relative who has some straighteners, borrow them and see whether you can get the effect you want before shelling out for your own ones!  Good luck.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:38am
Originally posted by trophywife trophywife wrote:

And use a protective product against the heat when you straighten it; it will work better, last longer and stop some of the damage to your hair.  There is a great straightening spray made by Lee Stafford, available in the UK (and I'm not sure where else - seen it on sale in Europe too, but not widely), otherwise I have heard good things about the GHD iron oil too.

If you have a friend or relative who has some straighteners, borrow them and see whether you can get the effect you want before shelling out for your own ones!  Good luck.

I use the Lee Stafford Flat Iron Protection Mist.  It's very good - I highly recommend.  It smells gorgeous too!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 3:05am
It smells amazing, doesn't it?  But I don't think it's available outside of the UK.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic