Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NEED HAIRSTYLE FOR VERY FORMAL DANCE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEED HAIRSTYLE FOR VERY FORMAL DANCE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*~Jennifer~* View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~Jennifer~* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED HAIRSTYLE FOR VERY FORMAL DANCE! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    Posted: December 01 2001 at 3:24pm
I have a military ball in 2 weeks and Im not sure how to wear my hair. I have straight/wavy red hair that is about halfway down my back. I also wear glasses. My dress is a spagetti strap fushia color. Someone please help me find a way to wear my hair! thank you sooo much!
guywithbraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithbraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2001 at 12:40pm
Hi Jennifer, Have you thought of wearing your hair "up". My favorite updo is a Gibson Girl. It is a very dressy style, and very easy to do.
First, brush out your hair, then bend over and put it in a ponytail at the top center of your head. Don`t make it tight, as you want a little fullness around your head. Then using hairpins pin it in a loose bun at the top of your head.
There are a lot of variations, I like to make a very loose ponytail at the top so my ears are almost hidden. You can pull a few tendrils out to make it more romantic.
Your dress sounds really prety, if you can find some ibbon or a piece of material that matches you can tie it around the bun at the top of your head. Wear some pretty dangling earrings and your all set. Pleae let us know what you decide. Have a great time.
Dana
*~Jennifer~* View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~Jennifer~* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2001 at 2:25pm
Thanks for that! any other ideas??? im still looking for some!!!
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2001 at 8:18pm
Reply to message: 13.201.1
Updos are all well and good (no dissing intended, I love updos), but don`t limit yourself to that. Half up and full down looks can be wonderful. I don`t mean to step on toes, but keep your options open and play with your hair. Try blow drying it straight or curling it. Try twists and loops and all sorts of things--when you find something you like, go with it. Wish you luck. If you find something specific you`d like and don`t know how to do it, I can help with most styles. Email me at _skwigel@excite.com
~Hairdesigner~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic