Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEED AS MANY RESPONSES AS POSSIBLE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
prissymissy21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prissymissy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED AS MANY RESPONSES AS POSSIBLE
    Posted: January 03 2001 at 1:48am
Hello it`s me again begging for advice, I live in phoenix I moved here in August of 99, from San Diego and I have lived in California all my life I have never lived in such a dry environment before I was looking at a picture that I took in September of 99 and my bangs came down to my chin and my hair was such a nice length and pretty healthy but now I look at my hair and it is not very healthy looking at all and now my bangs are just a little past my eyebrows thats a pretty big difference in just a year so my hair is very dry and making me miserable does anyone have any suggestions for any product that will help me to keep my hair moisturized.

sheena
Shay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2001 at 4:24pm
Reply to message: 15.242.1
quote:

prissymissy21 originally wrote:
Hello it's me again begging for advice, I live in phoenix I moved here in August of 99, from San Diego and I have lived in California all my life I have never lived in such a dry environment before I was looking at a picture that I took in September of 99 and my bangs came down to my chin and my hair was such a nice length and pretty healthy but now I look at my hair and it is not very healthy looking at all and now my bangs are just a little past my eyebrows thats a pretty big difference in just a year so my hair is very dry and making me miserable does anyone have any suggestions for any product that will help me to keep my hair moisturized.

sheena

I like Alternatives mostiureizer, you should use that. I would go to a hairdresser though, and see their opinion. You might need a trim too. Your hairdresser should help you out.

P.s I know how you feel about people not responding to your post, no one will really respond to mine either!
Blonde rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pretty girl 7-30 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretty girl 7-30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2001 at 2:06pm
Hi, I know how the hair thing goes...my hair was past my shoulders back in November until I got it dyed from a so-called professional....my hair is still recovering from it.. it was to the middle of my ears and now it is past them...my advice is for you to wash it every other day with a shampoo with super conditioners and moisturizers b/c it will help it grow back fast..also, take multivitamins..I don`t knwo if it works but my hair has always grown back pretty fast even without them, so it can`t hurt. I hope that you find luck!
Jess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2001 at 5:03pm
quote:

prissymissy21 originally wrote:
Hello it's me again begging for advice, I live in phoenix I moved here in August of 99, from San Diego and I have lived in California all my life I have never lived in such a dry environment before I was looking at a picture that I took in September of 99 and my bangs came down to my chin and my hair was such a nice length and pretty healthy but now I look at my hair and it is not very healthy looking at all and now my bangs are just a little past my eyebrows thats a pretty big difference in just a year so my hair is very dry and making me miserable does anyone have any suggestions for any product that will help me to keep my hair moisturized.

sheena

I`m from phoenix too. I use panteen pro-v stuff. They have shampoo and conditioner for dry/damaged/colored hair. Hope it helps
Gin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2001 at 9:30am
I would try Nexxus Humectress. I use it as a daily hairdress. It only takes a little. You can get it At JC Penney salons, or at the mall in salons at the mall that sell beauty supplies.
Robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2002 at 1:05am
condition your hair under a dome dryer with a plastic cap on it for 40 minutes once a week you will have the proper pH and moisture content in about 1 month. If you don`t have dome dryer, then wrap a towel around the hair that is conditioned and has a plastic cap on it. Abba Moisture sensations is very good for African American hair. (Abba Products)
S View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2002 at 12:00am
It is amazing that people will not take the time to respond to posts. We are all here to share and gain knowledge. Or so I thought. People will spend time debating whether white people should wear braids or not - but won`t respond to a hair care related product.

Anyway, I know many people have problems with Lusters Pink Oil but it really works wonders for me. My hair is very thick and soaks up everything I put on it. I find the moisturizer does the most good when I use it on my hair while it is wet. Especially if I need to blow dry or something.

Good luck,
S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic