Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just an Opinion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatimah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2002 at 6:00pm

Huh? Am i reading right? I am black, and im and will always be seen as african by others , despite where ever i live,ie if in US(african american), if in UK (afro carribean). And this other person.......4got the name, wants us/me to believe that AFRICAN people CANNOT have their hair long, and u gotta be MIXED with something for that to happen??? Maybe they are the one with the MENTAL SLAVERY ISSUES. Now im African,coz im black, and have even lived in Africa itself, and oh boy, if u see THE LENGTHS OF HAIR PPL GROW............and if u called them anything but african then be prepared for them to be coming after you. So maybe Ren ,and more so the other person should stop watching and hearing the steroetype crap about hair b4 advising us. If hair growth is 1/2 for all ppl, is ur saying that blacks cant grow long hair not saying we a supposed to be inferior? Ur contravening urself then!
Now i happen to be black(thus african) and my hair isnt doing too bad,as long as i take good care of it. If it didnt grow it would more likely be due to my own self putting chemicals in it and not taking care of it. And maybe i have some other race in my family history............yeah but probably a couple of 100yrs ago,and THEY ARE CERTAIBNLY NOT EUROPEAN OR CAUCASIAN,and it all happened to occur in good old africa too.
I know im really late, but ij ust couldnt keep my peace reading this,ad hope i didnt dig it all up again. But to Ren and the other guy, i would say be PROUD of WHO & WHAT u are...............coz theres nothing else u can be or be ever seen as!! Being born in America doent make u ot black,and wont determine ur hair lenght....gosh..........can u now see how that sounds??? And maybe u may have some deep issues to deal with by pretending ur fighting for the black cause, yet thinking coz ur black ur hare cant grow long,and we should stop fighting it?
Hope wasnt too harsh,

take care,
Fatimah.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic