Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DESPERATE for hair care advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2Short51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Short51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DESPERATE for hair care advice
    Posted: February 07 2004 at 12:23am
I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternative ways of straightening hair, besides perms, relaxers or hotcomb. What about straightening serums? Someone told me to try Super Frizz Ease by John Freida, and then flat iron. I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone? Does it really work on black hair?
And what is this HF37 I've been hearing about? What does it do and where can I purchase it?
I'd like to join the " To the Waist" club, but I need a hair care regimen that actually works, before I can start growing it out. I am getting really desperate for hair advice. I don't know how to take care of my hair, and I'm afraid it will start to break off really badly. Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
xoxo
natural abundance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural abundance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 4:32pm
yes, you can use a flat iron or curling iron to straighten afro textured hair. the better the quality of the iron the better it will work. ceramic is better than the regular ones. you can do web searches to find out more. john frieda has a black line of his frizz serum at some stores. try one of those. i prefer castor oil for moisture and sheen.

hair formula 37 is a super dosage hair vitamin designed to grow your hair at 1" per month. it costs $50/month. they have a site - again, try doing a search.

if you do your hair in protective styles that keep your hair from being combed or manipulated you can grow your hair longer.
tryin 2 get it down my back View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryin 2 get it down my back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2004 at 11:21am
I thinkyou gave her some great advice. Do you think it is impossible to press your hair once a week and grow it long?
I like wearing my hair down but want it to grow longer. Right now it's about 3 inches past my shoulders ad I am trying to get it down my back. Any suggestions?
Krystl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2004 at 1:10pm
hey evrybody... on the topic of hair growth, a question: Biotin, Hair growth vitamins etc... if it doesn't say, specifically, "chewable" can u not chew them? only caz i cant swallow... e-mail me please @ chocolate_lip_gloss@hotmail.com ... thanx!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2004 at 11:47pm
well the more heat the more damage so you may not want to press it much... what my mom use to do when i was little was press my hair and braid it at night before i went to bed so when i woke up she jus put the blow drier on it to straighten back out and than just curl it. Maybe u should try that
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 9:31pm
it would probably taste VERY gross to chew them, but perhaps you could try blending them in a smoothie? 
To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
merisit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merisit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:24pm

Hey 2Short51!

You might wanna try John Freida's Line for "white hair".  I've heard that the two are no different in ingredients except one is marketed for black women and cost more and the other doesn't.

So when you go to the store look at both and read their ingredients.  If they're the same, go for the cheaper one.

I used to use it, and it worked for me.

HTH!

Natural since: Spring 00'
Type: 3c
merisit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merisit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:26pm
Wow I just saw the date on the original post.....  just never mind my little comment you guys.  lol
Natural since: Spring 00'
Type: 3c
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:52pm
yeah this post if pretty old
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 8:48am

Krystl, I take biotin and I chew them, I don’t like swallowing pills either. Biotin doesn’t really have a horrible taste and if you take them say after you brush your teeth you can’t taste it. I’m not sure about other vitamins and the taste, but I did just buy this new Liquid multi vitamin which has a lot of essential nutrients in it. it’s fast absorbing and you don’t have to swallow or chew anything.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic