Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it OK to keep perfume in the bathroom?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it OK to keep perfume in the bathroom?
    Posted: June 10 2003 at 10:51am
I remember hearing or reading that it was bad to keep perfume in the bathroom, because the steam of hot showers will sour the scent. Maybe my mother told me this?

I recently started keeping my favorite scents in the bathroom. I used to keep 'em on my dresser, but I don't stand in front of my dresser in the mornings, so perfume kept there is just forgotten and never worn.

My dad always keeps his cologne in the bathroom... so I think maybe it's not such a bad thing to do. Maybe I'll use it all up before it goes bad this way. Instead of just letting it sit idle and spoil.

What do you think?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 1:30pm
You're right, the perfume I have on my dresser gets forgotten. I usually keep them in the batroom, I've had some Channel #5 in there for years, it still smells good.
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 1:41pm
Yep, gotta agree. I don't use anything on my dresser...I forget it's even there.

My hubby keeps his cologne in the bathroom as well and I have no complaints, he always smells sooo good!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 9:24pm
alp! Blue's Clues!!!

"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 12:00pm
Hi Blue!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 1:57pm
Hi all,

Well I keep my cheaper scents in the refrigerator. Then I spritz them on right before I head out into the steamy Dallas summer heat and it feels wonderful. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but someone told me about it back in St. Louis when I was 18 and I have been doing it ever since.

I don't keep my Alfred Sung in the fridge but I only wear Alfred for special evening events. However, I do keep my lighter scents in the cool air. :-)

Does anyone else do that?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 7:42pm
Oh I like that idea of keeping the scent in the fridge. After a hot day in the sun you can come home and drink a nice cool glass of lemonade and spritz some great scent on your pulse points. Does the coolness cause the scent to degrade?

Star
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic