Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

financing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pisceschica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisceschica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: financing
    Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:33pm
I just wanted to know from those of you that have gone through plastic surgery or are going through the process of getting it how did you pay for it?  I would like to know what options you had and in your personal opinion (besides credit card) the best way to go.  From what I have read so far they say its best to pay in cash and that it will save you and the surgeon money. Saving up is a very realistic possibility for me because I live with my parents and don't really need any income. I just wanted to know for those that didn't use credit cards how you paid.
terri5154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terri5154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 7:55pm

Hi, I paid with cash.  I got an extra part-time job cleaning offices and used that money to save for it.  What really motivated me was speaking with the doctor.  I already had about 2 grand saved and had no idea of the cost involved for my nose job.  I guess you could say they let me do a lay-a-way kinda plan.  I gave them the 2 grand then I sent them a check every two weeks for about 2 1/2 months.  Knowing that I would be there soon really got me to pay it quickly. 

If you are living with your parents you should be able to easily save up the money you need.  Just don't waste your money on a bad doctor.  It's worth paying a little more to get a great end result.  Good luck!

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 9:42pm

I paid cash,partialy....For the remainder I used my car title for a loan/lein. The bank gave me the Kelly blue book value and a great interest rate. Beware and really research the bank you deal with!!!!!!!!!!!       &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;          I 've also had friends open credit cards with 1 year 0%.

Like terri said...Do Not Compromise on a cheaper service. Plastic surgery is a very personal choice, not to mention expensive...So make sure you are satisfied with you surgeon. Get referrals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 7:38pm
well my insurance paid for my foot surgery (hammertoe correction, small bunionectomy). I only had to pay $200 for local anesthesia--which is my copay with Aetna Open Acess HMO.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
lwray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 7:02pm
You should also ask at your doctor's office if they are affilliated with any financing companies.  I got a loan through CapitalOne with a 1.9% APR. 

All told, my finance charges are less than a nice dinner for two.   I don't feel bad about taking the loan at all.
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 2:26pm
Jayhawk Medical Financial Co.  Always approved us. We paid it off w/in 2-3months but they give you different payment plans etc.

s
s
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic