Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help for hairstylists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for hairstylists
    Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:58pm

If you are a hairstylist that has color, cutting or texture problem and you need help and answers, I can help, I've worked for Matrix for 19 years as one of the "Ask the Experts" and now have my own web site for licensed Cosmetologists, so if you need help just ASKMAGS.COM

- Mags Kavanaugh

scstylist25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scstylist25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 2:34pm
Thanks for the advice...most stylist are soooo secret when it come to sharing advice.
lisa06053 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa06053 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 10:05am
I have a question for you. Im licensed and yet have not used the color fillers. Even in school, the instructors wouldnt answer questions on how to use them correctly. I often wanted to try to use them but really am afraid. I travel to ppls houses or they come here, I havent worked in a salon, but even my friends that do, they dont even use the fillers. Is there even a website that can explain the proper use of them? Thanks!!
Lisa M Douglas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 10:29am

You need to fill the hair when going 2 or more level down from where you are, this is for highlighted hair and hair that is lifted up more than that 2 levels.

This does NOT apply to hair that you want to cover for grey hair coverage or anything like that, just if you have very light hair and you want to take it back to natural.

This is where the underlying pigment chart come into play, with that chart, you can see what you need to put back into  the hair, lets say you have a natural level 4 that you bleached or highlighted up to a level 9 and now she wants her natural hair back, if you try and put a level 4 brown color on her hair, the color will not hold, look off tone and fade out very soon, so you need to add the warmth back into the hair- fillers are ALWAYS warm, a combo of red, orange or gold, so a level 4 would need the red and gold, you would mix those two tones and apply that to the hair- use a demi permanent for this, they only deposit and that's what you want.

Then wait 15 minutes and rinse the hair- do NOT shampoo, only rinse, then towel dry the hair or dry under a hood dryer and then apply a Neutral tone over this or a Neutral + Ash tone if they want it cool.

As I said, you must fill if going down 2 or more levels when you have bleach- highlight or highlift color on the hair.

If you have any other questions please come to my web site ASKMAGS.COM- MAGS KAVANAUGH

lisa06053 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa06053 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 10:53am

Thanks sooo much!!

Totally understand it now, and reminds me of a time the hair did come out a little too drab looking.

Thanks again. Lisa

Lisa M Douglas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 12:37pm
 yOU ALWAYS NEED TO FILL IF GOING DOWN 2 OR MORE LEVELS AND A LOT  OF STYLISTS TRY NOT TO FILL AND JUST PUT SOME RED OR GOLD INTO THE REGULAR FORMULA, BUT THAT'S NOT REALLY ENOUGH PIGMENT, SO ALWAYS FILL WHEN YOU NEED TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT. - mAGS askmags.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic