Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Problem With Drinking Water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stephanieann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Problem With Drinking Water
    Posted: June 05 2005 at 3:56pm

I love water, and i like to drink it all the time, 'cause it's good for you and all... but gosh, say i drink like two bottles, I'll go to the bathroom like three times in the next half hour... do i have bladder problems or is this normal? Or should i just drink water farther apart, like not drink two bottles back to back or something? I feel silly peeing so often

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 8:59pm
Your bladder has a limited capacity. Therefore, the more water you drink, the more often you need to go to the bathroom. Why don't you wait til you're thirsty before you start a new bottle?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 8:20am
They say if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. . . yet, if you drink water like all the time to stay hydrated, you also stay in the washroom all day -_- . . .  There's gotta be some way to keep kind of a balance. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 9:41am
I drink at least 3 or 4, 20 oz bottles of water a day.  I've read somewhere that you should drink half your weight in oz. (metric people need thier own conversion)  ex: If you weigh 110 lbs, 55oz of water a day.  I do spend more than my share of time in the ladies room but I feel the benefits are worth it. I am a workout freak and realy need to replenish my fluids.  Does this fall under the catagory of "too much information"?
Stephanie
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 2:45pm

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

They say if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. . . 

They say that, but it's really only true if you are a performance athlete or under other similarly physically stressful conditions. It's perfectly safe to wait til you are thirsty before you drink.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 4:01pm

I'm a big water drinker as well. Not so much bcuz I love it, but I try to drink the "required" amount or more daily. Unfortunately, this does go hand in hand w/ more bathroom breaks than I would like, but I too feel like the benefits my hair, body and skin receive are worth it. I did find that when I first started, the bathroom runs were more frequent,but as I/my body got used to receiving this amount of water daily, I didn't have to go as much. (go figure- maybe my body adjusted??)  IMO, the pros far outweigh the cons - it helps me keep my weight down, less problems w/ my skin, etc.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:02am

What if you live where it's really hot in the summer, though, like it is here?  I sweat a lot in summer, even if I'm not exercising.

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

They say if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. . . 

They say that, but it's really only true if you are a performance athlete or under other similarly physically stressful conditions. It's perfectly safe to wait til you are thirsty before you drink.

More awesome than a manatee!
nimar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nimar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:34pm
you are drinking too much water . scale it down .
drinking too much water is not necessary and
overrated . water is already in our diet drinks , coffee,
and tea. you are plenty hydrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic