Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SURGE and MSM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grow Hair Grow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grow Hair Grow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 1:26pm

I just bought the 500mg tablets. Should I take 2 tablets in the am and 2 in the pm for a total of 1000mg morning and 1000mg night or is 1000mg total daily sufficient?

http://public.fotki.com/growhair/
pw: grow already
diversiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diversiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 1:35pm
I thought for MSM to be most effective you have to take 3000mg a day... am I wrong?
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 1:59pm

My daily dosage is 3000mg. I have the 500mg capsules also and take 3/am & 3/pm. I sometimes may split 2am/2midaf/2pm. I'm not sure what the recommended dosage is (if there is one).....

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 2:05pm

i also dont know what the recommended doasage is. but its advisable to start with a small dosage in case of any side effects. i also take 3000mg per day. i started with 1000mg for like 6 months before i increased the dosage. whatever works for you.........

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grow Hair Grow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 3:24pm
Wow, 3 of them horse pills. I may have to start at 1000/day and take it from there... Let's hope these things work :-)
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by Grow Hair Grow Grow Hair Grow wrote:

Wow, 3 of them horse pills. I may have to start at 1000/day and take it from there... Let's hope these things work :-)

You know, when I first started taking MSM I had the very large tablets which were 1500mg ea. I think. They were a pain to swallow, so I changed to the 500mg, but these are small, capsule coated ones w/ powdered MSM inside. Much easier to swallow and I sometimes open the capsule and take it in powder form- much easier to take than the "horse pill" ones....

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 5:03pm

Grow Hair Grow,

I bought the powder MSM at my health food store and it's 1/2 tsp a day which equals 2,500 mg. I mix it in a little orange juice and I'm done. I've had good results with it.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 7:47pm
yep, i use the powder too. i mix in my chocolate drink or protein shake. err....ive even tried mixing it in my soda . half a teaspoon is 3000mg

Edited by Renee
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 9:45am
It's alittle bitter but not too bad. I haven't tried it in chocolate drink though. I don't like soda but I think I'll try it in a few other things.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grow Hair Grow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 11:07am
man, I wish i bought the powder as opposed to the pills. Oh well, we'll see.
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 1:57pm
Well I took 1500 mg a day three months ago of the MSM, and in two weeks, my new growth went from type 4b to 4a/3c.  Biut I stopped taking it because i got impatient and wanted rather to see growth more than a texture change!  I've been taking them for three days now, but I upped my dosage to 3000 mg a day.  As for Surge product, I didn't like it because it makes my hair revert back.  I'm gonna start taking shark cartilage instead to replace Surge.
"To each his own"

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 11:10pm
yeah i also noticed that the surge reverts hair. so it makes people think they have lots of newgrowth. so untrue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic