Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions in Northern Virginia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kristin1474 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin1474 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions in Northern Virginia
    Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:39pm

Hi Everyone!  I’m new to the HairTalk Message Board.  I recently moved to the Northern Virginia area (Ashburn, VA) and I have been trying to find someone who does quality hair extensions in the area.

I finally found a salon in my area that offered both Great Lengths & So. Cap.  Long story short, I walked out after finding it was going to cost almost $1500 for So. Cap & $1800 for Great Lengths--WAY too much for me!

I’ve been doing research and have heard some bad stories about GL extensions.  I used to have extensions (woven track method) back in 1994 & again in 1998; however, it was too bulky for me.  I want the strand-by-strand method this time around, but have been really hard-pressed finding someone in my area (or just anywhere in the northern VA area) that does them.  If anyone knows of someone, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kristin

PS:  Thanks for all of the great information everyone has contributed on this message board—I can find answers to almost any question I had. 

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 5:29pm

Kristin,

I am in Northern Virginia.  I'm not a cosmetologist, but I have been doing my own strand by strand for over a year.  A good friend of mine is a hair stylist and does extensions (for only $800) but believe it or not, his salon manager offered to give me free hair coloring anytime I want it if I would teach them how I do MY extensions.   If you want, email me at dreamwave00@aol.com (the 00's are zeroes) and I can give you my friend's contact info at the salon, or I can do them for you. 

Kristin1474 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin1474 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:02pm

Thank you so much for responding!  I had actually done a search on this message board for people in the Northern VA area and came across your name.  I shot you an e-mail the other day; however, I probably goofed on the address?!?!  I'll resend to you!

From what I have read on past posts, you really seem to know your stuff and I would be very happy to speak with you & discuss the methods you currently do; the type of extensions I was used to back in the 90's (picture Tawny Kitaen circa WHITESNAKE videos--yes, I was born & raised in NJ & loved my big hair) are MUCH different than what I am looking to have done this time.

Anyway, I'll drop you a line with my contact details.  Thanks again for your help--you have no idea how extremely frustrating it is that there are little-to-no resources for this type of work down here!!!!  You just made my day!

Thanks!

Kristin 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic