Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

red face!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red face!!
    Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:07pm
I have acne prone skin and all of the places I have acne are red! Is there anything that can help Me to reduced the redness and get rid of it!!!!!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:58pm
Have you been using anything new? It sounds like you may have either aggravated the acne or youre allergic to your products. I would see a dermatologist. Or were you in the sun recently? If youve recently changed products you should probably stop using them. If you're skin is still red in a couple days then definitly see someone about it.

I was using differin and went out in the sun for about ten minutes to walk to a cafe. I was wearing SPF 15 and big sunglasses but the next day, my face was swollen and red and I had a fever AND my ears turned a bright pink. Naturally I was pretty scared. I smeared aloe vera gel all over my face a couple times that day and spent the day in bed. Luckily the redness went down the next day.

Whenever anyone in my family has any redness in their skin I always grab out the Lavender essential oil (use that stuff for EVERYTHING) and aloe gel.

Oh! I wanted to tell you... the other day I was reading stuff about using rose water as a toner. So I made some. I mixed rpse water with  a couple drops each of lavender and tea tree oil. Ive been using it for about 5 days. It seems to be clearing up my skin. I don't have any white heads around my nose which I usually always have. I just thought I would suggest that to you. But don't try it until your skin goes back to normal.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 9:38am
Asperine with water helsp agains redness.
Put a few asperines in a cup and put 2 table sppons of water and mix. Put the paste on the red parts...
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 10:24am
I thought for years I had acne. Turned out to be Rosacea. I use a cream called Rosac. It works wonders for my redness. You need a prescription for it, or ask your dermatologist for samples.
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 4:53pm

aseya thanks for telling me about your situation I did start using a diferent product recently and for the recipe I will diffinatly try it.

Vicky wow asprin I will try that also

pizzy i don't think I have Rosacea because I have been to a derm

thak you all for the help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic