Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anti frizz products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PrissyVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrissyVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anti frizz products
    Posted: September 16 2005 at 11:06pm
I have extremely curly hair and i want to straighten it.  When i straighten it it stays straight for a while and as soon as i go outside it frizzes up.  I was wondering is there some kind of product that I can put on my hair to keep it straight.  I've tried the John Fredia Frizz serium but it doesn't work.  Any suggestions?  Please help!!!!
PrissyVixen
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:27pm
Redken smooth down heat glide, Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine. They work better if you use a flat iron. Check out my post on "the fight against humidity" on the straight talk forum. I list all the products I have found to work wonders with my hair, as well as my hair regimen. Now take into consideration my hair is really curly and frizzie, so you may not have to follow my regimen to the T. If your hair is not as curlie, you can probably skip blow drying your hair, and just flat iron it straight. I can straighten my hair by just flat iron it, and it stays strait and frizz free. But I find that when I blow dry my hair with my ceramic hair dryer and then flat iron, not only does my hair come out super beautifull, super shiny, full of bounce, but it will stay that way no matter what. And I don't have to do anything to it until my next wash. So take a look at it, and see if it works for you.
tommygrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommygrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:08am
PAUL MITCHELL SMOOTH DOWN
ALTERNA HAIR STRENGTHENING BALM ALSO DO WONDER FOR UR HAIR THE REDKIN SMOOTH DOWN HEAT GLIDE IS ALSO GREAT
BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 10:28pm
the john frida stuff only works well if you put it in while your hair is damp, make sure you condition it really well in the shower too since curly hair tends to be drier than straight hair (has to do with the shape of the hair shaft i'm told).

and finshing products like the other ladies mentioned are really helpful, but for me, i can't blow dry before i flat iron, it just does way too much heat damage to my hair and i get all sorts of fly aways. i'll deep condition it at night in the shower, let it dry in really really loose pigtail briads while i sleep, then flat iron in the morning. 
jerseygirlmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseygirlmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 4:44pm
Hi ~

John Frieda is a rip-off. Try Zero Frizz Extra Strength Hair Serum - it's a miracle that I've found and can't live without. It's available in a 4 oz bottle (much bigger than Frieda's) and works better too. Check Walmart - only costs around $4.69!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic