Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Second day wash free

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second day wash free
    Posted: September 17 2005 at 3:20pm
I'm trying to stop washing my hair every day so it's taking a bit of gettingu used to. Overall my hair is really smooth and soft. It feels a bit greasy at the front although not too bad. How many days is healthy between washes for long hair?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 5:29pm
Some of the people at the long hair community do water only and dont' wash their hair at all.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 8:48pm
I have tried washing only once every 3 days. That is what I heard was regular, but since I have gotten bangs I cant do this. I wash my hair every morning go to bed at night and wake up with greasy bangs.  Is there any tricks or ways to avoid this?
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 3:21am
Yeah that's my problem too. I find brushing through the bangs gets rid of the problem as they aren't actually that greasy. They're just a bit flattened.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 6:01pm

HFO, There's no standard number of days. Generally every two to four days is good for most people's scalps. If you try C-COW-C or dilute your shampoo, the scalp will get accustomed to more days between washes (it takes about a month for adjustment)

Chelsea, you might want to check your shampoo or your pillowcase. A shampoo that contains ammonium something something, or sodium lauryl sulfate, will make the scalp product more oil than usual. Likewise a pillowcase that is especially absorbent (e.g. cotton) will have the same effect. Maybe try a silk or satin one? Edited to add: I'm not reading carefully enough!!!  You said it was just your bangs that got greasy and I spilled a paragraph of info that was completely N/A. ::sigh:: I you work out a good routine for yourself.

HTH

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 9:00am
Jennifer has bangs and washes the length of her hair about every 3 days.  Every day between washing the length, she puts her hair up in a bun in the shower and washes her bangs from the front without wetting the rest of her hair.  She leans into the water and wets the bangs, washes them with a bit of shampoo and then rinses it out .. again from the front and over her face.  Hope this helps.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 11:00am
Thanks for the advice. Even after a few days I notice a difference in condition and my scalp's behaviour. Two days seems to be my limit for now.
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 10:36pm

I am defintly going to try and just wash my bangs like that, I will try it out this weekend. Rather not do it on a school morning...could end in one embarrsing and stressful day. And Anais I have been meaning to try a satin pillowcase for awhile, thanks for the help.

Hellfrozenover, do  you get your hair wet in the shower inbetween the 2 days and not shampoo and condition. Or do you totally just keep your hair out of the shower?

Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
BrooKiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooKiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 12:00am
I actually try to go a week between washings....although I'm on day six and my hair feels a little oily, so I should probably wash it tomorrow.  Most of the time, I don't notice a big problem and I don't think that my hair's particulary dry; it seems pretty normal.  I don't know how good this is for your hair, but I remember reading a tip that suggested putting a bit of scented bath powder on a hairbrush and then brushing your hair.  It absorbed excess oil and makes your hair smell fresh.  I've tried it before and I like it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 10:52am
I keep my hair out of the water. If it gets wet it usually feels greasy when it's dry again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic