Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT ARE SOME STIMULATING SCALP OILS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT ARE SOME STIMULATING SCALP OILS?
    Posted: October 11 2005 at 12:55am

Do any of you ladies use any type of oils, etc. to help stimulate your scalp? I've recently incorporated more regular scalp massages into my regimen and wanted to know if there was anything I could apply to make the massages more benefical.  I've heard of peppermint oil. Anything else you know of or use ?

~tia~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 1:02pm
**** bumping*****
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 7:27am
You may just have to try and see if they work for you.  I could never put oil on my scalp unless I washed it off right away.  If you did plan on washing it off right after, I don't know if it matters which one you use since it wouldn't be on there except for the massage time (not much time to have much of an effect - except that you may enjoy how it smells!)  Then if you left it on there, it may clog pores on the scalp, which wouldn't be good (though some people do put oils like jojoba on their scalp with good results).  Using a concentrated essential oil like peppermint oil may burn you, so you may want to dilute your essential oils a lot (maybe one or two drops in a good bit of jojoba).

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 9:34am
rosemary oil is what i am using.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic