Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

manic panic bleach *PICTURE*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 2:59pm
Where are you from Bambilee? I asumed you where from California, don't ask why I just did. 
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:10pm
Lol, she lives in Canada.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:16pm
Just be careful, bambilee. It's a powder bleach, so it can be quite powerful and keep checking your scalp so it doesn't burn. 40 volume on me is nothing because I have thick hair and hardy scalp grin. Yea, to go platinum, it took me 3-4 rounds of bleaching just to go platinum, just like ammonia said. Right now, I'm just happy to be just a medium/light blonde. Ammonia, great job with the color. Platinum blonde color is one of the hardest colors to achieve!
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:31pm
thank you beachgerl.. i know this is my 3rd bleaching and i will never go back to a dark color lol it took me so much to reach even this close.. i think one of the best things when your trying to achieve a light blonde is to take risks.. think about what you want more.. to have your healthy hair or have the color hair you want.. because you have to be aware that it will damage your hair.. maybe not alot but it will. in my case i have never been scared of bleachin or dying.. iam careful though. im not going to bleach my hair 2+ times in one day or do all these things all at the same time.. at least take your time, condition your hair and dont wash it so often.. it drys hair out.. i wash it like once a week and before i do anything with chemicals.. i dont wash it for like 2 weeks so the natural oils in my hair can build up to protect my scalp.. when i bleach sometimes my head itches like crazy but nothing i cant handle.. some people might get real scared and wash it off quick but thats why i recommend to do a strand test.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:39pm
I've tried that site. I am decideing against doing the manioc panic bleach and going for Malibu's White Chocolate choice.
A friend of mine did her hair whtie, white and it was fun for a while but her hair started breaking off at the root and she had bald patches. So.. um no thanks. :) I'm staying away from bleach.. :S

~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:41pm
Ah.. I only wash my hair every 2nd day. It keeps it from drying out. And I've already had my hair bleached 9 times so I'm going to stay away from bleaching. I'd rather have a full head of hair then nice white hair. ;)

Thankies however everyone.
And Vicky you thought I was from Califorina. hey it starts with a c right?

~* Bambi Lee *~
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:58pm
9 times and you havent got the color you want?  or did you color back and forth dark to light?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 11:07pm

There might be a safer alternative if u used schwarzkopf phantom color corrector and then put the white chocolate over that...hmm

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 3:59pm
I just used a Extra Light Ash Blonde by Loreal'... it is similar to the white choclate shade (It's the same color just not called White Choclate and by a diffrent brand.). It lightened my reddish roots and some of the tough spots I had. It looks really good. It's coming along. And yes I bleached my hair 9 times and I still can't get the color I want.
I've done it over a period of 2 years. Once myself, three times by a proffesional and then a few times on my own. Ooopsie. LOL.
Anyways, only a couple more trys I think with this Extra Light Ash blonde and I think I can get my hair almost white. Not too white, cause I don't want to look bald. LOL.
It looks much better. It's darker underneath. I only use one box so I keep my underlayers a dark blonde color. I'm gettign there....

~* Bambi Lee *~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 8:15pm
That looks awesome Bambilee, it really does look white blonde! It's by L'oreal excellence right? I think thats an amazing color!
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:30pm
It's a little yellow but I'm cool with that. It's like the old barbie hair color. LOL Before the now plantium she has...
yeah it's Loreal's Les Blondissea, or something. It's specifially meant for and or Go blonde. I've used it before. it works pretty good. The problem with dying is, it looks good for a day, all freshly dyed and then it always seems to look so limp and less vibrant the next day. Crazy!

~* Bambi Lee *~
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 1:57pm
omg girl it looks gorgeous..
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 4:23pm
Thank you Ammonia!!! :P

~* Bambi Lee *~
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 10:05pm
I really like it Bambilee!  I am glad you got the results you wanted...I am sure that can be super scary!  I am from Canada too...were abouts are you????
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 11:50am
I'm in Alberta... yay!

Thanks tinkerbell!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 4:56pm
I am in Sask...but I went to university in lethbridge.  Neat! 
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:50pm
That is cool. I might move to Lethbridge so my hubby can go to University. Spiffy!
~* Bambi Lee *~
moffpoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moffpoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 10:07am

hehe^^ well im now seriously considering bleaching my hair again...first i bleached it pale blond, then dyed it black with a purple tone to it, but its all faded now so i think i goo ahead and use this manic panic stuff! ^^ thanx 4 the inispiration;)

12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 11:22am
My haircolor is back to it's yucky brassy color. I'm having it profes. done in January. I'm gong to go plat on top and darker underneath with some dark highlights. Hopefully.
~* Bambi Lee *~
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 12:26am
Bambilee and Ammonia -- I LOVE it! I've been trying for YEARS to get my hair to that color -- not myself but in the salon and they just CAN'T get it right. I show pictures, I talk, talk, talk ... I just don't get it. Way too scared to do it myself but you guys are DEFINITELY inspirational. Gorgeous!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic