Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question on acne type and treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on acne type and treatment
    Posted: October 17 2005 at 11:12pm

Hello =P

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of acne do I have, because I have no idea what it is... Tried comparing them with other people's but I really ama not sure. They look like scars that don't go away though, and that one on the nose was rather recent (kind of, it's been a month or more even) and it won't go away or decrease in size :(

I've tried Clean & Clear Blackhead cleasing astrigent, earlier this year, but it worsened my skin condition I think. I also use skin hydrants, not sure if it makes any difference. I can't really tell if my skin is dry or not, it doesn't seem like it is, and I also don't think it's oily...

Anyways, can anyone tell me what it is, and any good treatment that I could take? Hopefully it's not too expensive.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm 19 now, and male if you couldn't tell...

My skin was perfectly smooth until I was 17 ish or so... now it's horrible. :( Will those marks ever go away?

Edited by Hiro
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 4:28pm
Hmm.. my skin sorta does that. It's smooth and clear but when I DO get a pimple, it stays FOREVER! I don't really know what to use for the red spots. I think Neutrogena have something that can fade it a little, try going to their website, I think its www.neutrogena.com.

To find out if your skin is dry or not  you should check how it feels a few hours after you wash it. If it feels dry and tight then you have dry skin. If if feels a little greasy or slick then you probably have greasy skin. Sometimes you can tell after you wash it. After I wash my face, the skin around my nose and cheeks feels alittle dry and tight. So I have combination skin.

I like to use Neutrogena's Anti Acne Cream Cleanser. The gel one was too drying for me. And its helped keep my skin clear. I hope I helped a little!
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 2:03am
PROACTIVE! My skin used to be horrible too, but it works wonders. I wish more people knew about it. It really saves you all of the grief of waking up with a marred up face.
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 2:03am

For red marks that wont go away try using castor oil.

http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 1:34pm
read the post i put up about very simple acne and skin regimen it saved my skin just look at my pic and id say i was like yours or worse.
Babycheeks
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:19pm
at least you can stop yours early with topical cream
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic