Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color or Henna?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 2:40pm
Thanks so much for all of the info!  I didn't know there were different types, that some were permanent etc.  The stuff I have I bought from a health food store, its called Rainbow henna, and the ingredients just say henna.  It is supposed to come out brown (they had a bunch of different colors for sale I remember).  It is a green powder that smells like hay and turns brown after mixed with water.  If there were additives, would they say so on the jar?  I thought they were required to.  They did mention rainbow on a page on the site you posted, and said the results were okay.  I haven't had the guts to try it yet, and if it winds up being drying, I probably don't want to...still thinking about it!  I'll just do one strand first like I'm supposed to before I dive in.  Thanks again!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 7:39pm

Susan, according to Catherine (who runs the hennaforhair site and is a henna guru!) the labelling on commercially sold henna is really bad! They don't say what is in it (really), so I wouldn't trust the labels.  Remember, you can't have "brown" henna if it is just pure henna. Henna is not brown.

If you're going to do it, I'd just go all out and get the good stuff. Your hair is precious (especially since we are all growing it out and it's going to be around on our heads for a number of years!) so treat it to a real henna

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic