Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you wear your hair every day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:17pm

Yeah, a lot of the people I go to school with don't realize I have long hair because I never leave it down.

My friends know, but they kind of forget... I forget sometimes too...

And you're right...the shine is kind of blinding when I look at them again.  Must be the conditioner I got for Christmas :)

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:21pm
You forget sometimes?

And, what kinda conditioner 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:23pm

Yeah, I don't realize how long it is until I take it down and leave it down.  The only time I have it down is right after washing to comb it and put it up a la the photos.

It's Matrix sleek look smoothing system stuff?  My little sister bought if for me because I was whining about store brand stuff not working out for me.  I also have an Advance Group (AG) leave-in that works wonders.

dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 11:45pm
Lately, I've been wearing a single English braid most of the time. Used to
wear it up most of the time, but I don't feel like it most of the time right
now.
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 1:24pm
sorun - Would you mind posting some pictures of your hair? It
seems as though you had some up before, but I missed them! Your
length sounds very impressive.
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 12:05pm
LetMeCount123, your updo is so pretty! Your hair looks very shiny and healthy. According to your sig, we have similar hair types, so I'm looking at your pics thinking "wow, someday my hair will look like that!!!" Thanks for posting the pics. I am definitely inspired
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 5:54pm
I normally wear my hair in a pony tail or french braid....when I get in the mood and if I have the time, I like to experiment with it and try different stuff.

Edited by horselover_1625
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 5:29am

Hi everyone!

Please allow me to apologise in advance if I offend anyone. I have to say it with a smile ofcourse. But do all people with long hair simply like playing with it? I mean lots with long hair say they put it up or braid it, instead of allowing it to simply just be, if you will.

I used to have long hair and I would be  head banging with it, and tossing it around with my hands. I hardly ever put it up.

Thanks,

God Bless,...
Katie
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 11:31am
A lot of people with long hair put it up to prevent tangling and damaging it. However, you're right, we like the playing...

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 12:41pm

Hi,

I sometimes fix me medium short hair with a barrete. But mostly I love it down, and flowing.

I find it ironic when long haired people say that long hair is easier to take care of; I feel any length can be demanding, I guess it depends on how High/or low maintence you are as a person,right?

I have normal to dry hair(if that makes sense). So I usually fill my bath tub with very warm water and add shampoo. Then while my body is soaking in the tub, I massage my hair, then shower rinse hair with very warm water, then cold water to seal the cuticle, and it also adds shine too.

I've read Beer  rinses add body to hair, but I hate beeer, what about root beer?,...LOL(joke) ;)

So anyway, take care of yourselves, not just your hair,ok! That's an order people!!! LOL! Hooyah!!!

God Bless,...
Katie
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:19pm
Holly your hair looks beautiful, shiny and healthy and
getting long too. Great new pic that conditioner really
looks like its working.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:23pm
Haha, thanks everyone. :) I'm so glad I found this board... it's very inspirational really, and even though sometimes I don't feel that my hair is very long it's nice to see that others get something out of it as well.

And Katay, I personally love having long hair, but it is very hard to leave down sometimes... especially where I live, I have to bundle up most of the time so it makes it hard to wear down. Plus, I carry a bookbag at school and often end up getting my hair caught under the straps on my shoulders...

I don't really like to play with it now as much as when it was shorter (I could do more with it), but I like to keep it up all the time for the shock value (basically) I get from people when I wear it down. It's fun!
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 3:25am

Hi,

All I know is that when I had long hair it was cool looking, but when the wind blew, then my long hair looked like a mess!

I prefer hair no longer than my shoulders. Currently my hair is a bob style( about 3inches above the shoulder).

I'm 35 now, I want to do so many things, not just watching my hair grow. In fact on Feb 18th I'm getting married! then from Feb 22nd till march 1st I'll be honneymooning in Puerta Vallarta Mexico! Ahhhhh, soooo relaxing!

God Bless,...
Katie
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 12:12pm
My hair just barely touches my shoulders after my cut, so I normally wear it down.  However, I can sometimes get up in an upsweep with a clip and it looks pretty good.

Edited by KellyX
Kelly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic