Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad dye job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mary123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad dye job
    Posted: November 27 2005 at 10:43am

I got my hair dyed yesterday from a medium blonde highlights to what I thought was gonna be dark brown. It looks more like burgundy on the top. This was done by a professional. Can I go back and have hime fix it and will it cause more damage and stress to my hair if I do? Or will it fade on its own? Help!

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:57am

Hmmmm did he fill your hair with a filler? Going from blonde to dark brown to me sounds like you are going more than 2 levels darker. If that is the case typically the stylist needs to put the underlying pigment back into the hair with a filler so the color has something to grab to otherwise the end result will be orange or brassy hair.

Go back and ask them to fix the color. Tell them it's not what you wanted it's too red. You would like them to correct it to the color you originally requested.

G'luck

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:01am

Claude you sound like you know what you're talking about!  I had a horrible haircut at the weekend (see my thread called 'My Blooper'), can you help at all?!  Please...

Mary, good luck with your colour fix; I've crossed everything for you :)

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:17am
Originally posted by trophywife trophywife wrote:

Claude you sound like you know what you're talking about!  I had a horrible haircut at the weekend (see my thread called 'My Blooper'), can you help at all?!  Please...

Mary, good luck with your colour fix; I've crossed everything for you :)

I am a licensed hairstylist so I do ok. I'll check it out for ya.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic