Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Messy Asian Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairl3ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairl3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Messy Asian Hair
    Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:24am
I have the typical asian hair - straight, jet black, thin, and grows VERY fast.

The thing, my hair looks best a week or so after my haircut because it is short enough to gel around to make it look messy.  I keep my bangs and the top of my hair messy with gel.

The problem is, once it grows too long, which is in like 2 weeks, I can't gel it to that messy effect anymore.  It seems the gel is not strong enough  to give that messy look - the hair stops sticking up after 30 min and goes flat.

The really really strong gels work better to some extent but they make my hair look more chunky then messy, know what I mean?

So can anyone recommend that good balance for me, something I can put in my hair or some sort of technique that will let me keep my hair somewhat long but messy sticking up?

Thanks!
huystarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huystarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 7:24pm
Well, if you like that gelled look, then when your hair is longer, just apply the gel as usual and once it is in the desired position, apply some hairspray and blowdry it. I have a blowdryer that has a weak setting so that it can dry my hair without blowing too strong as to mess my style up.
hairl3ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairl3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:14pm
Thanks i'll give it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic