Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oops I did it again!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ladylaughalott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladylaughalott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oops I did it again!!
    Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:45am
Hi,
I am having huge problems getting my hair to hold color after bleaching it blonde (wow,what a mistake!)I would like to restore it to it's natural dark blonde/light brown, but have tried repeatedly with various store boxed dyes to no avail.(Even tried puttting reddish color on, then covering that with the color I wanted, but it still came right back out within 2 weeks, leaving it a nice shade of copper,lol) I hate the dryness I have caused and wondered if using Shades would help any. My hair is mid-back length, so just waiting for it to grow out would not work for me, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Angie
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:48am

You could cut off some of the damaged, dry hair and concentrate on restoring the healthier, shorter hair?

Good luck whatever you do!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:54am
After you bleach it that light, you need to use a protein filler before you dye it darker.  You can get it at a beauty supply shop like Sally.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ladylaughalott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladylaughalott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:26am

Susan,

I had been told to use the protein filler before, but not quite sure how to go about it..And should I use a neutral or brown colored one? My husband is awfuly sick of watching me run around with dye on my head,lol, so I really need to get this fixed for good asap...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic