Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long or short - which is "me"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

Do you chemically straighten or use straighteners?

I have done both, in the signature I think it's probably chemically because that's a modelling picture. Usually I just use straighteners. Well actually I'm not doing now, but you know what I mean

Thank you for the replies again, you're all so fantastic to take the time out to answer me. .

Yes I have been going through a lot of changes in my life so far this year and I think that is definately partly why I want to change my image. Still I will see how I enjoy being a curly-head, maybe that will be enough of a change for me.....I sure will look different than usual.

When I was a kid I looked like I should be starring in the musical "Annie", you know red hair, uncontrollable curls
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 8:47am

Hi there Sarah(My Friend!;)

I know You're coming off a long stretch of work on a cruise ship, so maybe your hair options are  or would make you feel better, right? If so, I agree with most, take your time, and keep posting here for support.

I remember lots of times I regretted lopping off my own hair,....I was self concious at times. I find it ironic that at a young age(in my early twenties) I went for the "Wynonna Ryder" Look, and I got lots of compliments for it!

However when I was starting meds(for my Bipolar disorder) My face swelled up, and I had longer hair, then wanted short hair, on and off.

I'm now 35 yr.s, and I finally(I think, LOL) got my hair act (if you will) together!!!

I am happy no matter what, and my soon to be hubby Steve loves me so much and I love me too,;)

It's not easy finding yourself in such a crazy world, even if it's only hair, it's symbolic of alot of things. So Sarah,Laugh, post, and vent, Doctors orders, ok! LOL!!!;)

You're a great Young Woman, and I don't want You to be devestated by a rash choice with your beautiful hair,... I wish I had Your natural curly hair, mines so straight, ...oh well,..

Take care, Love ya, and God Bless You Sarah!!

;)  

God Bless,...
Katie
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:15am
[QUOTE=Tyranna]

Some people cannot stop fooling with their hair.  It
is this reason I think that so many of us have a tough time growing it
out.  Perhaps redhairedgirl is going though something similar?

[/
QUOTE]

Me too!!!! Exactly Tyranna, good one. Red Haired Girl, I chopped my hair
in Oct. because I saw a pic of myself with a cute short style that temped
me to cut it, even though I was trying to grow it out. (remeber this: you
may look really cute in that picture, but you will have to wake up every
day and operate with this hair...pictures can be perfect, life...not-so-
perfect.) I regret cutting it greatly! Just be sure it's what you want. I wish
someone would have told me this: Get about 2-3" cut and if you still want
to go shorter, then do so. But test the waters first before you jump in!
When I cut my hair, I liked it at first. The stylist styled it all nice and I
walked out feeling like a million bucks. But then later that night when I
took a shower, I realized how much I liked having long hair. Having your
long hair cut feels like you've been robbed! But in the same token, it can
be very liberating. Just give yourself plenty of time to decide.
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:05pm

Hi,

Well, I'm sincerely glad that we are all supporting you Sarah.

It's nice;) I wish 10 years ago I was on the net, and discovered this site, it would have spared me alot of Hair Hell, sorry for swearing,.

So anyway, if I was blessed with your long tresses, I'd play with different updo's. Plus, it would be great to have your natural curl. In fact when my hair grows about 3 or 4 more inches (at the shoulders), I plan on getting a body wave,.. I can't wait!! I too (as Sarah You know) am also a Natural Redhead, and proud of it!!!

I'm mostly Norwegin, then Northern Italian, then Irish, a touch of Scottish, oh and a little French too.

I'm not a mutt, just a melting pot,;)

Keep in touch, Love Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:55pm
Thanks again for the replies I am so amazed at you all. I love this forum, that you would take the trouble to offer advice is so sweet.

I have stopped straightening now and I am waiting for the curl explosion which is going to happen any time soon. I will see if I can post another piccie when I'm disappearing under a mass of curls. .

Oh and thanks for the compliments saying I look cute and stuff, actually I was feeling pretty low when I started this thread and you've all lifted my mood. I am so much happier now.

Love ya x
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 1:11pm
You know what's so funny?
My strawberry blonded/red-haired best friend's name is Sara Jayne.  Not spelled the same, but still, not a particularly common name. 
Anyway, she has long, pin-straight, beautiful hair...However, she always wants it curly.  I on the other hand have short, brown, curly hair and always want it straight. 
I used to HATE my curls.  I was using the Matrix Sleek Look system of shampoos and stuff, and after months of using it, my hair actually started to straighten.  Only then did I realize I missed my curls.  I started wearing it curly again, and I actually loved it.  See, we have that versatility where we can wear it straight if we take an hour or so to straighten it, and curly if we step out of the shower and air-dry (ok, maybe with a little product).  Let your hair go curly, it'll shrink the length a few inches and that may be all the change you need.
I also recommend long layers for curly hair...it helped me out a lot.  Less thick, not as heavy and easier to straighten when I felt like bringing out the flat iron. 
Good Luck!
Christine

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:59pm
    Sarah, help putting a smile on your face or anyone else  puts a smile on our face too..... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic