Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

starting over...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starting over...
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 6:43pm

hey guys, this is deb.  i haven't been up here in ages... ok, almost a year... but after a recent spell of "oh no! my hair is falling out!"  i remembered where i learned all of those great hair tips i used to get it back on track.

so... i was just wondering if some of y'all could maybe remind/update me on your current hair status.

my hair is currently mid-back, it was waist-almost tailbone-length about 6 months ago, but after some addictive trims and playing-with-scissors-at-home games, it is now shorter where i will probably keep it for a while.
i now have bangs, more like really short layers that fall to my cheekbones (kinda... jessica simpson? dunno, i don't really follow celeb hair), and then allover layers
i wash everyother day (or after the gym, which i try to do on those hairwashing days).  to wash, i use CWCC, using whatever for CWC and for the final C i use john frieda's brilliant brunnette (i used the lighter brunnette kind since summer's coming up)
i am a little heavy-handed when it comes to -cones.  i use thermasilk straightening creme and tresemme heat-protecting styling spray when i straighten, and tresemme leave-in conditioner and garnier curling mousse if i scrunch.
i do an ACV rinse about twice a month, and every once in a while, i'll be bored and whip up some kind of overnight hair mask... dunno if they work, but they're fun and usually smell nice.

i am a bit of a trimaholic, but i make sure if i'm in that crazy mood i do it myself, since i'm more timid than a pro, and i'll cut off 1/2 an inch, when they'll cut off 3 more than i ask them to.
AND, i used all hair-friendly elastics and combs-never brushes-and i never use a blowdryer AND straightener/curling iron in the same day... that's what air drying is for.

so... i do a little harm and a little good to my hair...
what about you?

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:33pm

Hey there Deb....wecome back

I'm at about 22 inches. I CWC, henna every 4 weeks, jojoba as leave-in, no heat whatsoever or styling products, no combing/brushing ever, upstyles every day (using only sticks), biotin and horsetail supplements, silk pillowcase....my God I'm obsessed!!!

I'm on a no-haircut oath right now, but it is sooooo hard to resist right now with my horrible straight ends.

That's about it for me

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:25am

Hi Deb, good to know ya! So, your hair sounds great. I bet the trims have really kept your ends looking terrific. Your routine sounds a bit like mine, but i usually CO instead of CWC, and then do a diluted shampoo once in awhile when my hair starts to get limp. I do ACV rinses every couple of weeks, but I'm considering going to a clarifying conditioner because ACV really dries out my already dry hair. Once a month or so, I break down and blow dry my hair (however I do put a heat protectant on first). I'm growing out some bangs/fringe which is a little longer than my nose at the moment. I like to exercise regularly and struggle with the whole sweat vs. over washing my hair issue. Right now I do what you do, which is exercise every other day and wash my hair on those days I exercise. But I really would prefer to exercise every day - I just need to figure out what to do about my hair..... I'm taking a multivitamin, MSM, evening primrose oil, and calcium. Use a comb most of the time and a brush every now and then. I think I am probably obsessed as well I'm hoping for waist length in 2008.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:21pm
I have a random routine of CO or shampooing with diluted shampoo once a week. I don't use heat styling. I usually have my hair plaited and rarely loose. That's about it! Oh, and I comb it.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:18pm
Hey Deb, welcome back to the forum!

Originally posted by aznmitsugrl aznmitsugrl wrote:

... my hair is currently mid-back, it was waist-almost tailbone-length about 6 months ago, but after some addictive trims and playing-with-scissors-at-home games, it is now shorter where i will probably keep it for a while... i am a bit of a trimaholic, but i make sure if i'm in that crazy mood i do it myself, since i'm more timid than a pro, and i'll cut off 1/2 an inch...

playing-with-scissors-at-home games?  eeks!

(see my sig pic for current hair status.)
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:19pm
hehe

playing with scissors at home in a responsible manner, that is...

i trim my sister's bangs/fringe, and i cut her hair... and i cut my mom's... and i've done my brother before, but short hair should not be cut at home... especially by me.

but after a few obsessive bursts of trims, my hair looked a lot fuller, and my ends were thanking me, so it was worth it!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:48pm

Hi Deb - good to see you!  

Sounds like your hair has been doing great. I'm glad your fallout has stopped. ((hugs)) 

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 7:20am

Hi there Deb!

I have nothing in common with all of you. I have almost shoulder length hair, which is naturally auburn red, with natural copper highlights.

But I do wear nice glasses, and wear a size 7/8 in clothes.

I'm athletic(fast walking, and fast dancing too).

I love supporting everyone here,...even though my hair isn't super long. So once again, Welcome, I'm sure Your hair is healthy, sounds good.

God Bless,...
Katie
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by aznmitsugrl aznmitsugrl wrote:

but after a few obsessive bursts of trims, my hair looked a lot fuller, and my ends were thanking me, so it was worth it!

Yay!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic