Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair - picture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
denali_ice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denali_ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair - picture
    Posted: April 24 2006 at 1:27am
Well, I figured that since I finally seemed to have made it through the major postpartum shedding phase without cutting my hair!!!  And (to back things up just a little) since I made it though the twin pregnancy with only one tiny trim (ok, it was a few inches, but hardly anyone noticed)

The shedding/hair loss phase was so very tough to get through.  I was losing handfulls of hair at a time.  It was awful.  I realize that the pregnancy was difficult on my body...a multiple pregnancy at that. Preeclampsia, anemia, gestational diabetes all included.  C-section.

Now, I found out that I am still anemic, so I am back on iron supplements, so I am a bit concerned about the future of my hair...but my goal is to not cut it right now. *lol*  For the time being, that is all I can go for. 

This was taken earlier today.

On a hot summer night, would you offeryour throat to the wolf with the red roses?
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 4:41am

Well I think your hair is looking lovely!  I know how hard the postnatal shedding can be.....it is really scary when it falls out like that...and it's happened THREE times to me!  I had to cut mine off the last time as it was just too thin to keep at any length, but I'm happy to say that it DOES thicken up again :)

Best of health to you and the little ones

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 7:48am
Your hair looks great.  Have you tried the Spatone liquid iron supplements?  I find they're much better than any of the others I've been prescribed.  In Europe they're available from some high street chemists and come in an orange box of sachets for approximately £9.  You will still need injections, but no other pills.  Good luck.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 5:22pm
Wow, Denali_ice, you've been through a lot lately!  Congrats on your new twins!  Given the stress you've endured lately, I'd say your hair is doing great.   Thanks for sharing your picture with us.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic