Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A horror story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A horror story
    Posted: May 15 2006 at 7:58am
This past weekend I had a wedding to attend, and it had been raining all week.  While that's normally not a big deal, I'm five months post relaxer and ... well, let's just say that I have a LOT of new growth.  Nice and poofy. Big smile  I had used my flat iron twice that week already and felt horrible about it. 

So Saturday morning, one of the other bridesmaids asks if I want her to do my hair and I'm like, "Okay, that's fine."  She brings in a Hot Tools and I took one look at it and said "No way."  I gave her my Sedu. 

This is where I started to freak out.  She wasn't really using a comb to work through my hair -- she was using her fingers.  And if you've tried to detangle previously-wet, thick hair with your fingers ... then she picked up the flat iron and went over one section like, three times!  Seriously, I almost screamed.  I was like "What are you doing?"  And then I saw her hair and I was like "Oh crud." Shocked  I felt like I was in a stylist's chair all over again.  I can't remember ever being so scared of a styling tool (except for one time when some idiot hairdresser was combing my hair with a fine-tooth comb, which was pulling my hair out, and saying "Oh look, your hair isn't completely straight."  Um, duh?).

In any case, she got my hair straightened out, and then I ended up doing it one more time after that to actually put curls in it (believe me, I was slathering on heat protectant by this point!), but it turned out really pretty and I got a lot of compliments on how shiny and thick it was.  However, I don't think the anxiety would be worth it on a normal basis!  Good thing I've got two weeks to let my hair rest ... and then it's time for a relaxer.  Maybe. Tongue
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 9:47am
thats why i dont let anyone touch my hair!! even my mom.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 10:28am
Well, lesson learned. Wink  (I broke down and used the iron again anyway, and the humidity forced the curls right out. LOL)  I have the same creepy-crawly reaction at the hairdresser, but I know for a fact that she loves my hair and wants it to be healthy.  Too bad she's moving soon ... I don't know how I'll replace her!
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic