Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Growing Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jamiegirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Growing Problems
    Posted: March 17 2000 at 3:34pm
I am in the process of growing my hair out from a very short cut into a chin length bob with bangs. I am now in that "awkward" state where my layers are trying to catch up with the rest. My problem is that the layers are sticking up in the back. I use Infusium 23 and blowdry my hair under with a round brush. The layers still stick up. Sometimes they will lay down and I have a "Good" hair day. This is the first and last time I will get my hair cut that short. So, I would like to get advice as to how I can keep my layers under control until they catch up with the rest of my hair. I look at other girls and they don't seem to have that problem with layers. Is it something I'm doing or is it just the way my hair will be until it's fully grown out? I read that during the blowdrying process, you should get your hair nearly dry before you start using the brush to style it. How do you tell if it is ready to be style? That might be one of the reasons why I am having trouble. I can't tell when my hair is at the right dryness to start using the brush to style my hair. I never used a blowdryer before I got my hair cut so short. The stylist used a blowdryer on my hair and she makes it look so good. Please help.

Thanks
bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2000 at 1:33pm

Infusium 23 makes my hair frizz. 

When I was growing my layers out I used one of those fat curling brushes that dry your hair. I would blowdry til damp then use the curling brush. I was not coordinated enough to use a round brush and a blowdryer at the same time.

Tanya
tedandtanya.webjump.com

Jamiegirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2000 at 2:14pm
Thanks bunny for your reply. What do you use instead of Infusium 23. I need conditioning and I have oily hair. I did use Pantene conditioner but it made my hair oily also.
bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2000 at 10:48am

I am sorry that it took me so long to reply.  I use Goldwell Exclusives.  I get it at the beauty supply store here.

t

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic