Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

n00b question-what does a loop brush do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n00b question-what does a loop brush do?
    Posted: June 16 2006 at 7:44pm
Why is it better for extensions than a normal brush?

Edited by 222chik222 - June 16 2006 at 7:44pm
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 7:50pm
when i first put in microrings.......i didnt have a looper brush, nor a specific 'extension brush' and the brush i had would snag if i brushed along the rings themselves. if you have a looper brush it just glides over and through those bonds...

now i have in Protac wefts and i still use the loop brush up against my scalp to be sure nothing gets snagged, it doesnt work so well to brush the length of the hair for me so i use a stiff bristled 'extension' brush for that.
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 1:30am
Thanks for the info :) i think i will have to invest in a few brushes
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 9:20pm
The bristles in a looper brush are made out of nylon and shaped in a loop, not single strands as in a regular brush. The  loop bristles brush gently over hair and don't cut the hair strands or break glue bonds where the extensions are because of the loop shape. Because there are no single bristles that could "catch" in the part of the hair where the extension is fused together. 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 9:24pm
yep...gotta have that loop brush! Well....I guess you can get by without it but I'd def. recommend having one. I like using it to brush my hair back into a pony tail...works great for that! And like nursie and elvira said, it brushes right over the bonds without catching!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic