Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let's talk about long hair!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MistyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MistyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's talk about long hair!
    Posted: July 30 2006 at 4:56pm
It's at my waist now, and still growing.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 3:45pm
[QUOTE=MistyD]A brush-cut is rather like a crew-cut. about 1/2" long on top and sticks up like a brush./QUOTE]

Wow, that must be interesting, to have the experience of ultra short hair and then long hair.  How long is your hair now?
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 9:26am
Another one chiming in to say how amazing your hair is Longhaired1. Beautiful colour, shine, etc and still quite thick at the ends! I don't want my hair to get longer than it is and am probably going to have it trimmed up a bit but if I could switch hair for a day yours would be near the top of my list.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Longhaired1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 5:22am
Dear laststar,
I'll post a picture of my hair braided as soon as I get one taken.  I'll try and get one taken it the next week or so. 
Longhaired1
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:53am
Wow Longhaired1 I bet you must have an awesome braid, your hair is on the floor how cool is that. I love  your hair you are an inspiration, you get me thinking I may not want to stop at waist.  Perhaps you could post a pic of your braid for us?

Edited by laststar - July 28 2006 at 11:56am
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
MistyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MistyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 12:10pm
A brush-cut is rather like a crew-cut. about 1/2" long on top and sticks up like a brush.

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:49am
Originally posted by MistyD MistyD wrote:

When I was driving my Miata, I had a brush-cut (platinum-blonde as well).

What is a brush-cut?  I'm thinking in terms of hairbrush, but that doesn't make much sense.

How are you doing after such a terrible accident? 
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:45am
Hi Longhaired1,

Your hair isn't just long, it's gorgeous!

Quote I must admit, the question that gets asked the most is; "Is that real?"  Or "Is all that really yours?!  

What if....just what if someone asked a woman with huge breasts, "Are those real?"  I think most people would find the question incredibly rude.  Although breasts are usually (not always) covered up with clothing and your hair is not covered, there is no difference in the invasiveness or the rudeness of the question whether asked of breasts or hair.

You could always reply, "Is yours?"  or "Why would you ask such a rude question?  What difference does it make to you?" 

It's sad that you have to be hassled.  Thanks for showing your picture.  I really enjoyed seeing your hair.

All the best,

anne

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 9:57am
Hi LuvitLong,

Originally posted by LuvitLong LuvitLong wrote:

But I have persisted and enjoy the feelings you get with having longer hair.  And i'm thinking why should the girls have all the fun with their longer hair.

I like the way you think.  Your hair is incredibly thick and lush!  I'm not sure I should say this, but the first thing that went through my mind when I saw your picture was that I'd love to run my hands through all of that incredible, thick hair! 

I wish you all the best with growing your hair. 
MistyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MistyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:34pm
The most intelligent question that ever gets asked is; "How long have you been letting it grow?"

Actually, I CAN answer this question when asked! When I was driving my Miata, I had a brush-cut (platinum-blonde as well). When I totalled the car, I quit cutting my hair.

The answer is '1994'.
MistyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MistyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:32pm
I feel bad for those who can't grow their hair long, or it stops at a certain length.

Yes, unfortunately some of us have a  'set point', beyond which hair will not grow, not matter the incentive. **sigh** Mine has maxed out again at my waist.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 3:58am
Yes, long it is ... but the down side is ... it's tooooo hot to wear your hair down here in Florida, unless of course you stay in the AC and if you're inside, no one see it anyway!
When I went to the local mall a couple of years ago, it sure turned heads wearing it down, most of the people walked around like zombies, stumbling, not looking where they were going and their mouths hanging opened.  Then there were the others that actually did come up and state the obvious...  Like, "Your hair is LONG!"
I must admit, the question that gets asked the most is; "Is that real?"  Or "Is all that really yours?!
Can I ask, has anyone ever seen anyone wearing a wig that long?  Except at Halloween maybe?
The most intelligent question that ever gets asked is; "How long have you been letting it grow?" 
I wish I would have written it down when I got it cut last but I had no idea or plan to let it grow this long 'again'.  When I cut it last, it was down to my calves! 
When asked; "Why do I let it grow long?"  I reply; "Because I can."
I feel bad for those who can't grow their hair long, or it stops at a certain length.
I am basically a shy person, although some say that's antisocial. 
I don't like to be the center of attention, I'm not a good conversationalist.  I guess that makes me a good listener.
Has anyone else out there been asked some really ridiculous questions pertaining to their hair?
Longhaired1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:47am

Hi,

Longhaired1 here, I guess it's okay for you to use my picture.  It is a sight isn't it?  I didn't realize it looked like that until I saw the picture too!!!
It a view I don't get to see, I'm like on the inside looking out and can't see things the way others do...
I hope my picture is inspirational to all who see it and gives them encouragement & hope!
Sincerely, Longhaired1
PS I'm about 5' 5" tall and it looks like my hair is on the floor, I gave up trying to measure it.
Longhaired1
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:35pm
longhaired1 all I have to say is OMG THATS SO PREETY AND LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lucky! would you mind if I use your pic. for an insprational photo for my hair journal.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:24pm

Your hair is amazing longhaired1! Its so rare to see hair so long.

ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:07pm
good post Dave, calling us out of our summer madness 

i like what LongHaired1 said about the sensations of her hair touching new parts of her body...brushing against her legs etc. never thought about it because mine has never been longer than waist length. very impressive!

i'll be posting an update later tonight after i get the most recent pics of my 4 step process...my hair looks nothing like my signature anymore
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:05pm
after looking at pics of longhaired1 and Dave I feel like I'm wearing a pixie (my hair is 6 inches from my waist)

my goal is to have it to my waist by my Mom's wedding - May 19 of next year
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:05pm
Wow Longhaired1 that is some impressivly long hair you got there. I imagine it must draw some attention.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Longhaired1 Longhaired1 wrote:

I've been letting my hair grow for about 13 years and it's only grown five feet.  I'm looking for others that have truly long hair, natural and real, so I can discuss different styles and ways to wear it.  I'm having more problems the longer it gets, like stepping on it and it gets tangled easily since my arms aren't long enough to brush it in one stroke.  Questions are welcome and any advice towards care for my hair.

Originally posted by Sunsailing Sunsailing wrote:

I hope you're not referring to the members here 
Hey Sunsailing,

My hair is about as long as Longhaired1's is, and IMO your hair is most definitely long.

That said, I don't agree with the opinion that (for women) shoulder-length is long.  I mean, Longhaired1 and I (and others) prove that hair can be grown very much longer than shoulder-length.  So it seems biased to me to say that shoulder-length is long.  But for men, I'd say that that is long, but that's relative to the overwhelming majority of short-haired men in the world (maybe, 98% or more?).

I will add that everybody who is supportive of long hair, no matter their gender or current hair length, is welcome here, and the talk forum contributors are valued and appreciated.  It is heartening to see members here being inspired to wear their hair long, and/or to grow it long/longer.

vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 9:08am

hai luvit long

i agree with u that being a guy i also found it difficult to have long hair especially in the work place. I also agree that we should also have the fun of having long hair. By the way my hair is 32 inches and i enjoy it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic