Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A long hair survey.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 2:42pm
A. What do you ladies and gents use for shampoo and conditioner on your long hair? What brands of shampoos and conditioners?

I usually prefer Biolage Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner for colored hair, although I've been out of it for a couple of weeks and have resorted to the more typical over-the-counter kinds of hair products until I can get some more.  Right now I am using a Suave shampoo and Infusium  conditioner.

B. How often do you shampoo or condition your long hair?

Every other day.

C. Do you shampoo or condition every time you wash your long hair?

Yes, although lately, I have been trying to cut back on the amount of shampoo I use.  Now I try to shampoo mainly on the scalp.

D. Do you ever use a clarifying shampoo?

Don't think so.

E. Do you alternate hair products?

Occassionally.

F. Do you deep condition your long hair? If you do deep condition your long hair, do you have it done at a beauty salon, or do you do it yourself?

Recently I tried the the mayo treatment which was very clarifying.  And every now and then I will let good conditioner sit on my hair for a long period (+20 minutes), if that counts as deep conditioning.  Also, one of the best deep conditioning treatments I ever got was a heat-activated clay-based treatment from a salon. 

G. Do you have your long hair curled, straightened, permed, highlighted or colored? If you do one or more of these things to your hair, do you have it done at a beauty salon, or do you do it yourself?

I color my hair myself.  The color I use is very close to my own, so the damage is not that bad.  Years ago, I used to highlight frequently and before that I permed.  That can be very bad for the hair.  It took a while to tone my hair down to a more natural shade.  My plan was to quit coloring.  But by that time, I noticed a grey hair or two, and said, hell no!  So I continue to color.

H. How long is your long hair these days, how long are you planning on growing your long hair, and how long have you worn long hair?

I think it is about as long as my signature picture.  Right now I am in the 'growing out damage' stage of things.  I trim two inches off, wait several months, trim two inches, off, and so forth.  I like the length, but am not sure how much longer I could take it.  My hair is thick, but fine in texture.  It is probably more susceptable to breakage and split ends than someone who has more coarsely-textured hair.

But the ironic thing is that the worst damage occurs as far as split ends and such go, is not at the greatest length (in the back).  No it occurs near the front sides, probably because that is the hair I physically contact with more frequently.   And it is the sides that I would like to get a bit longer.  (My hair cut in that 'U' shaped style - longest in the back and tapering up to the sides, and I have bangs.) 

I have had longer hair all my life, although I never got it past my bra strap until I was past 30.  And I was able to do that when I stopped going to professional stylists.  They all seem to think long hair is a couple of inches above the bra line.

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 1:46pm
Thanks for your replies!
Brent
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 1:57pm
Thanks Brent, for posting this interesting and fun survey!
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Thanks Brent, for posting this interesting and fun survey!

My thoughts exactly!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 6:16pm
Thanks Dave and Horselover!
Brent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic