Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's your favorite styling product?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's your favorite styling product?
    Posted: July 31 2006 at 12:31am

So I took the plunge and got my hair cut from a chin length bob into a sort of variation on the Sienna Miller cut.  I'm not so sure about it, but my husband and daughter love it, so that's good.

And now that it's short, I get to play more with product.  I was wondering what everyone else liked to use.  I am mostly talking about what you use after your hair is dry to style it - pastes, waxes, etc. 

I use TIGI Root Boost on my wet hair, and I love it.  It is absolutely my favorite of the many mousses and gels that I've tried, and gives my fine hair lots of body.  Now I would like to find a good finishing product - I'm looking for piecey, not greasy.  ;-)
Longhaired Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 3:30am
Congrats on your new short hairstyle! I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it. 
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 2:23pm
I have really short, really fine hair and I like Jonathan Product Dirt.  Just a tiny bit gives good piecy texture.  I finish with Kenra 25 hairspray.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 10:08am
i have curly hair i jsut put a little jojoba oil in it and the curls are set ready to go.
Babycheeks
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 10:00pm
Are extensions considered a styling product? Or how about those "grow your hair faster" pills?
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:51am
Is that supposed to be funny? because I think your comments are totally rude. She wants styling products for her new short haircut.  If it is such a travesty to you that she got a haircut, don't post something like that on the short hair board.  Rude.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2006 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Are extensions considered a styling product? Or how about those "grow your hair faster" pills?

I agree with hannebash.

Kramer, that was rude.  Please be respectful to the purpose of this Forum.  If you feel compelled to similarly post such a message here in the future, well, just don't.

strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 1:36am
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I have really short, really fine hair and I like Jonathan Product Dirt.  Just a tiny bit gives good piecy texture.  I finish with Kenra 25 hairspray.

Thanks.  And I haven't seen Jonathan product around.  Do I need to buy it online?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 6:37am
You can buy it at Sephora or QVC.  Both of them have online stores.  There is a Sephora in one of the malls close to my house so I usually buy it there.  A little goes a very long way for me since my hair is so fine and oily.  You would need to experiment to see how much you need to get the desired results.  I also have to spray my hair once I have the right amount of Dirt distributed throughout my hair to hold everything in place.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic