Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Henna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hairheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:10pm

I used henna a lot in high school because a mideastern friend of mine turned me onto it.  It is a natural hair coloring product.  It is sold in two colors, brown and red.  I have used the brown one  and I loved it.  It's great if you just want some natural brown highligths.  It doesnot dye your hair, rather it just highlights your hair.  It is also a great hair deep conditioner.  Whenever I used henna, it left my hair very soft and super shiny.  It's great.

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 6:38pm
i'm still using it. I absolutely love it. I just ordered and received 500g of Singh henna from www.hennaking.com
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Wishful growth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishful growth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 3:42pm
can henna be used on previously relaxed and colored hair?
ccmuffingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 6:10pm
This is a dangerous topic; dangerous because I absolutely love henna and I could hurt myself trying to type fast enough to tell everyone how muchLOL  Anyway, Henna makes hair look a lot shinier and thicker.  It seals the hair cuticle and makes it more elastic and less prone to breakage over time.  Henna sometimes gets a bad name because it is known to give hair a reddish hue and many henna sites claim that it is incompatible with chemicals and straighteners.  Well, I henna my hair once a month, and yes it does give your hair a faint reddish hue, but it's only noticeable in sunlight, and it looks completely natural.  If you want to maintain the darkness of your hair I heard that rosemary helps keep hair darker.  Anyway, I also relax my hair and the henna does not affect the relaxing process.  That's probably because I make sure I wait at least a week after I've hennaed my hair to relax it.  All in all, this is a really good product, and it's not expensive at all!  I buy it from a middle eastern store not far from my house for 2 dollars a box.  Make sure the Henna you use is body art quality.  It's the purest form.
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair"--Kahlil Gibran
http://public.fotki.com/ccmuffingirl/
Wishful growth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishful growth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 10:17am
Can I mix amla oil with sulpfer?
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 12:31pm
i suppose that you could mix amla oil with sulfer but i personally don't know anyone that has tried it or results.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
ArabianChoclate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArabianChoclate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 3:27am
Hi everyone. I live in the Middle East, so nearly everyone I know use Henna & for so many purposes. You can use it to have different degrees of colour on your hair. If you want red: mix it with red tea instead of watetr, if you want it brownish use it with camomile (did I spell it right?), if you want it golden or yellowish mix it with Kurkum(do uo know that- you might find it in Indian shops- they use it for cokking its yellow powder).

If you use it alone with water, it will dry your hair, so always try to add oil (olive oil is good or coconut), I add sometimes one egg, sometimes honey, and other times yugurt. but always add oil plus. When you wash it, start with a conditioner to make it slip and go out easily, then shampoo once, and conditioner again.

Some girls (me to) use with some gylesrine mix it with water and leave it for a while and use it before bath. apply to your body, rubb it to go out (you may add olive oil instead of gylisrine), take  a shower and check your even color and nice shinny body. (I must say it is a bit messy, so take care when you do this) I do it once or twice a month.

I hope this will add some information to you.
Arabian Chocolate
We make a living by what we get, and make a life by what we give
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic