Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatiron problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bubonic Plague View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubonic Plague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatiron problem
    Posted: November 10 2006 at 6:06pm
I have a pretty good flatiron. It's not the $300 kind from hair places. It was about $30 but good quality and trusted brand I love to use. Lately it's getting stuff on the ceramic parts of it. Those little strings you get off of brand new towels are stuck to the ceramic parts and just the silk serum I use on my hair. Is there anyway to clean the ceramic parts correctly? I don't have the package an longer, threw it away three years ago.
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 6:30pm
Make sure it is unplugged and cool. Use warm water. If it doesn't come off try using a tiny bit of soap.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 10:36pm
If it is $30 is not ceramic, is ceramic coated. The coating is probably wearing off and that is why you are having the problems you are describing. Do yourself a favor and make a small investment in your hair. Spend $85 on a Solia iron, and you won't believe the difference. You won't know it until you try it. The iron just glides through your hair and takes only 1 or passes to produce beautiful, silky, shiny, frizz free hair. And won't cause half the damage a $30 dollar iron will. Believe me, there is a difference. Remeber, hair has almost the same texture as fabric, so if those strings are sticking to your iron, so is your hair, and the damage is there eventhough you don't see it.

Good luck and beautiful hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic