Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil-free or Non-comogenic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil-free or Non-comogenic?
    Posted: December 14 2006 at 12:14pm
Hi. I have combination skin that suffers from an occasional breakout. I;ve been searching for a facial moisturizer with SPF that also has a subtle self-tanner quality. The problem is that the only oil-free lotions with the sublte self-tanner do not contain an SPF. On the other hand, I have not been able to find an oil free lotion that has both SPF & a self-tanner. My daily moisturizer is Aveeno & I also like the Jergen's self-tanner.

I've been looking at the Oil of Olay face lotion w/ subtle self-tanner. It has SPF, but it is Non-comogenic as opposed to oil free. Which is better?
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 12:11pm
i think both the terms basically mean the same thing check the ingredients and see if you find any oil containing chemicals. I like oil of olay its a fairly good product.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 10:11am

Yeah, it basically means the same. Non-comogenic means it has no ingredients that will clog your pores or make you break out.

Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 8:54am
Thanks!

I always assumed there was a difference between the two terms; that while the term non-comogenic means that the product does not clog pores, it does not necessarily mean that the product is oil free unless it specifically states so. Regardless, I went ahead an purchased the Oil of Olay product last week and so far so good!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic