Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don't you wish there was a pill we could take?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
129.sierra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 129.sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't you wish there was a pill we could take?
    Posted: March 02 2007 at 2:19pm
I'm new to this forum, have been checking it for some time. I have fine, thin hair and it sucks big time. I feel as I get older, it is getting thinner and more easliy broken. Why has not society developed something for this yet? I so wish there was just a pill we could all take that would fix our fine hair problems, because for us as a woman it can be so depressing.

I just colored my hair - HUGE mistake - the stylist totally damaged my hair. I tried having a water softener installed - I think that was worse - it made my hair so lifeless and limp - too much conditioning. So, I have read on the internet that some ph in the water is better for fine hair than none. So, turned off the water softener.

I have major breakage going on, just moved across the country, had my last baby 2 years, after another pregnancy. After my first pregnancy, my hair came back pretty normal. After my last baby and move, it sucks. Maybe it is all just stress? But I hate feeling like I have such thin hair.

Do you ever feel doing what Britney did and just shaving it all off and being accepted in society? men are so lucky they can do this and look good - look at Chris Daughtrey....

Just venting and my first post, but just voicing opinions.

Have never visited a dietician, thought about going to the Hair Club.....embarrassed to do that. Can't even talk to spouse about it - he is sick of hearing me.

37 years old - is it just going to get worse???

Is Henna supposed to be better and safer on hair as far as hair products go?

TMI - just so many thoughts on this.

Look how many of us are concerned - there has to be someone out there working on some miracle for us all - that is valid and really works! How do you trust all this nonsense you read out there? I am so skeptical about it all...........and bitter I guess. Life is just not fair sometimes.

Edited by 129.sierra - March 02 2007 at 2:28pm
piscisis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piscisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:49pm
I read your post and felt I needed to respond because I've been there.
I've  always had extremely thick curly hair, until I had my first child at 31 and gradually my hair began to loose its curl and thickness. It was extremely fragile and I had lost of hair fall. I cried most of the time, and tried silly mixtures like coconut oil, egg and mayo because I was afraid to use chemical-based shampoos and conditioners that dry out the hair more. But, no matter what I did, it just got worse. My hair didn't even have a glint of shine.

Usually hair problems like this have to do with lack of proper nutrition/vit, especially after having a baby. You can start taking flaxseed oil which is great for your skin and hair. As far as a quick fix, I can only offer a temporary solution that will help you feel better. It's a lot of product but it worked for me until my hair became healthier.

Use ABBA Cream Moist Shampoo and ABBA TrueMint Conditioner
Towel dry your hair by squeezing not rubbing
Use BODY INFUSION volume spray (great stuff)
Dry hair up-side-down with a diffuser  

An additional product that I found but is a bit expensive is called Beautiful Hands
Go to Nativewild.com You can purchase it there. Put conditioner in your hand and a little of the oil and rub together before putting in your hair. You can also put just a bit in your hair before you get out of the shower. It give your hair a luster and makes it soft.

Good luck  
piscisis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piscisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:51pm

Try and only dye your hair at the root where the hair is just growing in. Don't dye toward the ends if you can help it. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic