Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions 101 -- Great Weft Sealant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions 101 -- Great Weft Sealant
    Posted: March 06 2007 at 11:08am
Hot off the presses ladies:

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Here it is finally!

This is for sealing wefts. You just apply the product to the track of the hair. It dried in about 10-15 minutes to the touch and completely dry in less than an hour. . There is no 'curing' time. Once this product is dry it is CURED! NO WAITING!!

This DOES have an odor, and it should be used in a well ventilated area. Once dry the ordor is gone. This is water resistant. Acetone may or may not break down the seal. The testers here at HE 101 have had some varying results with acetone.

This product is currently being used in the hair industry, so yes it is safe to use on weft hair.

Edited by Divavocals - March 06 2007 at 3:29pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 11:10am
This stuff is great!!!! It's the closest thing I've found to the Extensions Plus sealant, and works just as well!!! (YEAH!!!!)

I wanna say a big thanks to Sherrie for getting back to me so gosh darned quickly to address my questions about this product! Kudos to you for coming up with a GREAT solution that addresses that age old question weave and extension wearers around the world have asked: How can I seal my wefts???!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
mrswozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrswozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 5:25pm
I haven't even got to the question of sealing the weft yet LOL I'm still on what to buy, how to secure and what colors. Who lives in Wash? I need hands on help LOL!!
Got Hair
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 11:27am
Originally posted by mrswozzy mrswozzy wrote:

I haven't even got to the question of sealing the weft yet LOL I'm still on what to buy, how to secure and what colors. Who lives in Wash? I need hands on help LOL!!
LOLLOLLOL You will get it girl.. Just take your time... LOLLOLLOL

mrswozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrswozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 5:31pm
I know, I know! LOL I'm actually getting pretty close to doing them.
Got Hair
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by mrswozzy mrswozzy wrote:

I know, I know! LOL I'm actually getting pretty close to doing them.
Yeah!!!! Can't wait to see your pics!!!!!

Kimmyh51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyh51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 1:09am
does selaing wefts with this before attaching them with liquid gold add any staying power to the weft dp you think?
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 1:14am
I don't think it will prolong your install but you won't have any shedding and that's always nice!

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 8:50am
i just got my weft sealant from sherrie a few days ago....i have some Dlux hair from yourhairshop which is beautiful hair but the weft did have some shedding, so im going to use this on it.....im always planning my NEXT install and i'm hoping for this silky straight Dlux for spring break (going to panama with the teenagers!!)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 9:25am
I used this sealant to seal my DLux Yaki hair, and boy is that stuff BULLETPROOF now.. No shedding whatsoever!!!

xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 5:23pm
so stupid question...where do you apply it?? all over or just like at the weft...or can u use it on like pretipped or something... :-)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 6:07pm
nursie posted a nice little instruction tutorial on sealing wefts:

Edited by sherrie215 - March 19 2007 at 6:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Kimmyh51 Kimmyh51 wrote:

does selaing wefts with this before attaching them with liquid gold add any staying power to the weft dp you think?
No sealing the weft only serves to keep the hair from shedding..

True story:
I used this sealant to FIX some wefts I had gotten from a supplier where the hair was literally pulling out of the top of the weft.. The hair itself was gorgeous, but the wefts were not well constructed..

I applied some of this sealant to the hair and BAM! the wefts were solid, non shedding and DEFINITELY no longer pulling apart.. I gave the hair to a friend who installed it and marveled at how the hair NEVER shed once!LOLLOL

Edited by Divavocals - March 27 2007 at 7:30pm

corioliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corioliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 4:14pm
Wouldnt it just be safer to use some clip ins?
Clip in hair extensions - http://www.headkandy.com
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 4:59pm

some poeple find it important or want to seal their wefts to PRESERVE the weft or prevent possible shedding. Sometimes even on clip ins...

the sealant is safe...its used in the wig and hairpeice industry all the time. It is intended for this use.

Edited by sherrie215 - March 27 2007 at 8:30pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by corioliss corioliss wrote:

Wouldnt it just be safer to use some clip ins?
Clip-ins won't stop hair from shedding from the weft. Sealing the wefts will do that.. Clips are only used to attach the hair.. and in the case of the wefts I "repaired" clips wouldn't do ANYTHING to stop the hair from pulling out of the weft...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic