Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Dimension to Brown Hair w/o Bleach?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Dimension to Brown Hair w/o Bleach?
    Posted: March 14 2007 at 4:34am
I had gone blonde for a while at about Level 8, but during the past year I have transitioned back to my natural color, which is about Level 3.  For some reason I am never content with keeping my hair the same, and am always playing around with color.  I want to add a bit of dimension to my hair color somehow, but I'm not sure how I want it to look.  I have pale skin and freckles, so I want a slightly lighter, yet still natural look.  I was considering a demi a shade lighter than my natural, but which line should I use that's not deposit obly color?  Just wondering if I can use something not as damaging and that will blend well.  Any suggestions as to what color line I should use?  I'm most familiar with the Clairol and Wella lines, but I'm open to anything.  Thanks for the help!  :)
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 6:52pm
I think the most natural looking hair is when one chooses to not go more than two shades lighter than their natural color.  Try choosing a level 5 (is that light brown?) and see what happens.  Strand test though.

Rebekah
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:53pm
Thanks, Rebekah.

What brand do you think I should use?  And do you think a demi permanent will blend better with regrowth?
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:56pm

I'm not sure about the brand.  If you have warm hair already then use Miss Clairol, if you have ashy color hair then use L'Oreal.  I'd use a permanent color, because a demi will wash out eventually.  Permanent will alter the color.  Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Rebekah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic