Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

African-American products on white hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: African-American products on white hair
    Posted: March 17 2007 at 4:45am
Howdy everyone!  I have set a length goal....bsl.  Cuz I want to keep dying my hair (told you I was shallow)LOL  Sooooooo, it is going to be very important I know to keep it well conditioned as I will be abusing it.  At least I just use a one process dye job and I don't strip it first to make it lighter.  Got the idea to puruse the black hair product aisle since black hair is fragile, tends to be dry, and normally has lots of processing done to it.  Found a kewl product called SoftSheen Carson, Optimum Oil Therapy, Over-Nite Strengthener.  It is a whipped, light creamy product containing avocado, coconut, olive and jojoba oils.  Promises no greasy buildup.  Well, last night I washed my hair, towel dried it and rubbed some in my scalp and hair...didn't take long since my longest hair is about 3 inches....ha ha.  My hair soaked it all up and is so shiny and soft this morning.  Very nice!  It also didn't weigh it down.  I'm thinking this might be a nice thing to do when my hair get longer....apply this before braiding it.  Has anyone else used cross over products with success?  If so, are there any more out there?  I did see a HUGE jar of shea butter stuff...is that good? 
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 9:16am
Since my hair is natural curly and dry and easily breaks and splits, I've found that alot of African hair care techniques work well for me.  But not all.  It's a trial and error thing.  I've never actually used black hair products off the shelf though.  Just pick up tips from them.  Their products usually are full of stuff like silicones, and my hair doesn't respond well to that.  If it wasn't for that being in them, I think they'd be great!
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic