Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst cut in my LIFE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 10:39am
Well it's been my experience as well which is why I no longer go there myself.  Hairdressers just don't seem to like long hair and of course they probably get more money off someone who goes regularly for styling and sets.  They don't seem to know what an inch looks like and of course they say you need more than that off.  I remember once I asked only for half an inch off and the hairdresser really embarrassed me by saying out loud "is that ALL you what off?"  She did nothing complain about it and so eventually I quit going.

Once I went to one hairdresser in Cardiff and she did my trim really really nice, but when I went there again I saw someone else, she wasn't there and my hair ended back up to my shoulders.

I was not a happy cookie :(

Unfortunately some people though will never get really long hair no matter how long they leave it, I'm one of those people :(

I just have to make the most of what I've got.  At least it is staying the same length rather than ending up back to my shoulders. :)
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 11:48am
I hope you don't mind my asking, but why do you think you won't get really long hair? Is it just not growing any more, or just not very fast? Have you had it longer before?Is it that it keeps getting cut? How long is it now?
 I hope you don't mind all the questions, but unless you have reached yout genetically pre-determined terminal length, you should be able to grow long hair.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 2:32pm
Hey Alisa-
Do you know anything about Infusium 23 leave in treatment? A lady at the Gym just told me that if I want my hair to really really grow quick that I should spray that in my hair every day after shampooing. I don't wash my hair every day...more like every other day...and evry other one of my washes I only use conditioner to wash it.  I can't imagine that a leave in conditioner would make my hair grow........maybe make it less prone to frizz and heat damage, but.....what do you know about it?

Thanks!!  Smile
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 9:34pm
Well, right off the bat, I would have to say that looking at the ingredient listing, I would stay away from it. The second listed ingredient is a silicone, listed only after water. I have not tried infusium 23 in over 13 yrs, and then I only tried it one time. I did not like it then, so I never tried it again. Some people like silicones, some do not. I personally do OK with 1, but any more, and my hair goes way to straight and flat. With the one, I want it to be as close to the bottom of the ingredient list as possible.
As far as making you hair grow faster, I didn't see anything that would achieve this, but I am not an expert. I know that some essential oil, like peppermint, have been known to help hair grow by helping with blood circulation.
Maybe She really likes the way her hair responds to the infusium 23, each head of hair responds to products differently. I would say to try it, if it interests you, just makes sure that if you use a product with silicones, that you use a clarifying shampoo every once in a while. This will clean the silicones off.Silicones will build up on the hair shaft, and coat it,basically ending up starving the hair underneath. I have heard that some people have had hair brake off from silicone build up, because it just gets so brittle and dry underneath all the silicone layers.
I hope this answers your question.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

I hope you don't mind my asking, but why do you think you won't get really long hair? Is it just not growing any more, or just not very fast? Have you had it longer before?Is it that it keeps getting cut? How long is it now?
 I hope you don't mind all the questions, but unless you have reached yout genetically pre-determined terminal length, you should be able to grow long hair.

To answer your question I believe my hair to be genetically at it's terminal length now.  I have never had very long hair.  It's about BSL.  Staying around this length now owing to the fact I'm trimming it myself to tidy it up, about every two to three months.  Hairdressers would cut a lot more off.  I'm one of those people who could leave my hair for two years or more without cutting it at all and it wouldn't get any longer, only scraggy, so it's best to do some trimming to tidy it up.  I was surprised at how well I trimmed my hair last time, it looked really good :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic