Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you guys think of LHCF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 2:25pm

I know how some of ya'll feel.  I had someone get upset  with me on BHM because " I'm confused, is your hair even in the 4's maybe I'm miss understanding"

Well that was an open question for her to explain to me or even say something. Instead, I find my quote in another forum and the lady was telling her "friends" there that I was jealous of her hair.

O well, whatever,it wasn't even that serious.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

I know how some of ya'll feel.  I had someone get upset  with me on BHM because " I'm confused, is your hair even in the 4's maybe I'm miss understanding"

Well that was an open question for her to explain to me or even say something. Instead, I find my quote in another forum and the lady was telling her "friends" there that I was jealous of her hair.

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Thanks for chimn' in Miss SweetWink
...................another case in point.

I will search HB, and see if I can find some "potions"broomstick  that promote long hair growth. I use Shae Butter, and I like how smoothe it makes my natural kinks feel, just  so soft. I am open to any suggestions as well.

If I come across anything I will let you all know.

Edited by Anomis - March 10 2008 at 3:35pm
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 9:31am
I know how you ladies feel!

Edited by MissHairGirl - March 13 2008 at 9:33am
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:33pm
Wow, I think both BHM and LHCF has a wealth of knowledge.  BHM is on their game when it comes to weaves and lacefronts like no other.  LHCF is on point when it comes to healthy hair regimes.  Nappurality has knowledge on how to care for natural hair with support for those sisters.  As for drama, I've seen it on all sites. 

On both sites, I use the search button and read through the "101" thread.  Honestly, I get annoyed reading a question that already been answered in the basic section. As for searching the BHM forums, people always complain it doesn't work but I've never had problems.  I like the organization of it better.

LCHF the threads just seem thrown together.  I wish it was organized more.  However, some ladies do display an stuck up attitude due as in hair superiority based on them having length. 

Naptural--love the support for us nappihead but sometimes annoyed at the militants attitude.

I don't like that both have bandwagon episodes like crazy. 

However, I do like this board for it's laid back atmosphere.  Actually, I am glad BHM went down because it's now bringing action to this board in the AA haircare side. 

Edited by mslady - March 15 2008 at 8:41pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

Wow, I think both BHM and LHCF has a wealth of knowledge.  BHM is on their game when it comes to weaves and lacefronts like no other.  LHCF is on point when it comes to healthy hair regimes.  As for drama, I've seen it on both sites. 

On both sites, I use the search button and read through the "101" thread.  Honestly, I get annoyed reading a question that already been answered in the basic section. As for searching the BHM forums, people always complain it doesn't work but I've never had problems.  I like the organization of it better.

LCHF the threads just seem thrown together.  I wish it was organized more.

However, I do like this board for it's laid back atmosphere.  Actually, I am glad BHM went down because it's now bringing action to this board in the AA haircare side. 

excellent points LOL
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 10:19am
Well that darn search on BHM never worked for me! LOL... Honestly as a member of BHM, HB, LHCF AND Nappturality, I think all of the hair boards are helpful and even though a lot of the info is related each board brings a different piece of the picture. I love LHCF (even though I am a non paying member, is anyone a paying member? What are the additional benefits? I am a college student so my budget is kinda tight even if its just $5.) They have soooo much info on hair care. I think those women know pretty much everything...they are writing books, producing DVDs, and making their own hair products over there.Clap I think that BHM is a good place to start just to get the basics. I like the TTT section even though it is kinda getting creepy with the psychos, and all that drama in the KIR section.  People in natural section are nice. Never seen drama in the natural section of BHM.  Although I have seen the LF section get pretty darn ugly at times. I don't think the hair boards are all that bad its just a few bad seeds that could give a decent hair board a bad rep.
Samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samanthajones67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 6:37pm
I will chime in - Diva Vocals is BEGGIN' me to come here. I left BHM and headed for LHCF....And I have not really had a bad experience. I love it.

My reasons for leaving BHM were varied - and I post a couple "hmmm's" here and there - but my siggy now says where to find me.

Both Forums are a wealth of knowledge. However, I do think it comes to personal preference. I think many people have explored options on all 3 boards ( as I see many familiar folks ) So - hey I guess it is what it is.

I feel Supported at LHCF. I was at BHM for almost 2 yrs, and had too many run in's with "youngin's" and immaturity. There were too many arguements and so much bad blood between folks.

I hid in the Natrual Hair section and felt really supported there...As A Mod - I felt like folks hated me anyway - But I never really moderated anything because of ENDLESS Dramatics......I also have personal preferences about adult content on a hair board.

Once the site went down, and the search function became unbearable. I left for good.

So - My verdict is that I love LHCF. Hey, I can say this without being arrogant....I have long hair these days. So - I guess that is where I should be.

Hello all former BHM sistas.....

Edited by Samanthajones67 - April 09 2008 at 6:42pm
Mrs. Jones
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 8:24pm
SAMANTHA JONES!!!!!! It's about time you brought yourself here!!!!!!!!!!!!! You BETTA (yeah I said BETTA heffa!!!LOLLOLLOL) stick around and hang out and SHARE girl..

Edited by Divavocals - April 09 2008 at 8:24pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 7:01pm
afroinformative interesting shares have always been and 4ever shall be welcomed here. People are cool here, and I hope it continues for a long time, just that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic