Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should you wash your hair right after a cut?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
gnarly_waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarly_waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 12:28pm
yah man i just got my cut yesterday and i aint wash it yet. but right after i left the barbers, i go pick up my girl and then go to the movies and when we got to the movies it was pouring down rain so my hair got soaked, and my chick told me when we got inside all my waves were gone. i was blowed the rest of the night. i was pretty f**ked up when i was at the barbers but i still remember i had waves after the cut. so apparently just getting ure hair wet, not washing it tho, after a cut can mess it up too.
"but this is the remix, with the cheap tricks, hittin' sweet licks, and I cut the braids off but the waves in the fade'll make you seasick!"

King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 12:40pm
just do some brushin and you'll be fine bruh

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Tru Texan Tru Texan wrote:

IMO, Keep the threads coming...And it ain't like this thread is coming from someone who doesn't have nice waves...
So again, IMO, keep them coming playboy...

No problem, fam.

Edited by wave connection - June 24 2007 at 5:59pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:07am
Originally posted by gnarly_waves gnarly_waves wrote:

yah man i just got my cut yesterday and i aint wash it yet. but right after i left the barbers, i go pick up my girl and then go to the movies and when we got to the movies it was pouring down rain so my hair got soaked, and my chick told me when we got inside all my waves were gone. i was blowed the rest of the night. i was pretty f**ked up when i was at the barbers but i still remember i had waves after the cut. so apparently just getting ure hair wet, not washing it tho, after a cut can mess it up too.

It depends on how well trained your waves are and what kind of your hair texture you have.  Since you have a straighter hair texture, the consequences of rain, on your waves, are going to be greater than someone with a more coarse texture.  Basically, if you have straighter hair, when it gets wet, it's going to have a harder time recoiling than if it was nappier.  The moisture from the rain will diminishing some of your wave definition and intensity.  You can brush your hair until it dries and place on a wave cap or durag, if possible, to improve this problem.

Edited by wave connection - June 25 2007 at 8:40am
twingotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twingotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:13am
I agree with King Cash. Just brush a lil longer and they should come back with no problem. Shoulda pulled out your brush at the movies and did the h20 method. lol
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:39am
Originally posted by twingotti twingotti wrote:

Shoulda pulled out your brush at the movies and did the h20 method. lol

Lol.
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by gnarly_waves gnarly_waves wrote:

Man I need a white friend like yo bitchass.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic