Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Record on the Russian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:17am
Just one comment I wanted to make about lice and nits on extension hair. Let me just preface it with I’m not an expert on the matter and I have never purchased extension hair that had lice on it (knock on wood).

My guess would be you run a higher risk of this happening if you in fact buy virgin hair. That could be Euro, Indian, or Asian, any of it. I come to this conclusion because virgin hair (at least in theory) has not had any chemical processes done to it prior to the consumer getting it. The chemicals used on the hair or the coloring or whatever else they do would more than likely kill the lice provided it did not become re-infested somehow. I could be way off but that is what I’m guessing.

Edited by krimsa - July 25 2007 at 10:35am
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:36am

Hey Krimsa, I think that it comes more from the way the hair is cleaned down the line.

The donor donates his or her hair. It's tied and then cut straight from their heads. The first handler cleans it with shampoo, I can't remember the brand (Prell, Suave or something we use here) dries and sells it, no nit removal. Later down the line past other handlers, it reaches your vendors. The ones who care will go through, check for nits and remove any if found, split ends, hair quality etc. and do a final shampoo and conditioner, some may still go unseen, human error and all. Those who don't care or who may not have the manpower will send it out as is.
ALL EYES ON ME
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:48am
Hey guys, I was so tired last night I had to go to bed early. All that anger I was expressing and that rubbing on Assinamon ( I was rubbing her against the grain which caused me to rub her the wrong way, I should have rubbed her according to her grain patternDuh) which is very exhausting.

Anywhooo...

Asinamon- I was not saying that the hair I own, have in my possession, will match any caucasian texture, I was saying that INDIAN hair will match any caucasian texture. It comes in MANY textures, fine is just one of them.

ALL EYES ON ME
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:55am
Thanks MsHoney. I got lice once as a little kid in elementary school and it sucks! It itches like hell. Little kids get it a lot and then you get sent home with a note for your parents to deal. The problem is not all the parents take care of it and then one kid gets cleaned and others still have it and then all the clean heads get it again. It can go on and on lol.

Edited by krimsa - July 25 2007 at 10:55am
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 11:03am
I know, it totally freaks parents out. When the note comes, you go into code red and shut everything down. You clamp your kid between your thighs and go on the hunt. You know how they show monkey's grooming each other for hours at a time? They have nothing on a mom on lice alert, except for the bug eating partLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:03pm
LOL, yep exactly. I cant remember what my mom put on me but it was probably something from the drugstore. I remembered it smelled pretty bad and you start to wonder whats worse! The bugs or the cleaning solvent on your head! Some people use motor oil. I know that works on animal fur because it drowns the mites but on a human hair folicle, you are probably better off getting something at the drugstore.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:21pm
Hair spray would probably work too. I know it kills crabs, so I've heardLOLLOL I think it probably coats and smothers them.LOL 
ALL EYES ON ME
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 5:13pm
That would probably work also. I raise rabbits and I have used mineral oil down in their ears for mites and it seems to work. Thats not the same as lice though. Mites actually burrow in and they are hard to get rid of so oils seem to work best to smother them.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 6:06pm
we are wayyy off topic but maybe that's a good thingLOL What type of rabbits do you breed? Is it true that you have to cut their teeth with a nail clipper or file because they grow so long or does that just depend on how and they're feed?

Edited by MSHONEY - July 25 2007 at 11:07pm
ALL EYES ON ME
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 7:04am
I raise Palominos, New Zealands and Californians. They are big rabbits. You can file their teeth but usually they take care of it themselves by chewing on things so you can give them blocks of wood to do this. They can actually chew through chicken wire! If you have a pet rabbit, the best thing to do is keep their nails trimmed and handle them a lot so they stay used to hands. Also get them fixed like a dog or cat and that helps their temperament. Most any breed will make a good pet and it depends how you raise them. The lops are probably the ideal pet rabbits though because they just have a very calm docile nature.

Edited by krimsa - July 26 2007 at 7:05am
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:35pm

Have you ever been over to the dogs,cats and pets forum in  the Off Topics section? Folks over there are talking about their bunny's and rabbits.

As a matter of fact, how often do you guys check out the other forums here? I rarely remember to go over there but I posted a topic asking about the Brazilian Butt Lift over in the Cosmetic surgery boardLOLLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 5:46pm
Ya know, I never look at the other forums on this sitebook
Brazilian Butt lift? There's always the poor man (undie) butt lift.

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 6:00pm
I need something more permanent? I don't think Leo or Michael Jordan will settle for lessLOLLOLLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic