Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lag phases stink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lag phases stink
    Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:20am
I probably won't be updating my hair journey page for a few extra months, since my hair is not growing at all anymore.  I suspected last month it only grew 1/8 of an inch the whole month, but this month I checked with my highlight roots, and fer sure it only got 1/8 inch this month.  I suspect it is just a lag phase since I know you are supposed to get one around waist length, and my hair is now at a length it never reached before in my life (maybe it is trying to figure out whether its supposed to grow more or if its not allowed to or it'll get in trouble  bash ). 

I also will be away from the computer for most of September, but just because I don't post doesn't mean I forgot you!  See you in October!  (Now where's that emoticon of the little guy waving goodbye...oh well, hug a kitty).cathug
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:42am
Bye--and maybe when you come back, your hair will be re-inspired by the boards and start growing again! LOL

31"!!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:58am
Jennifer's hair did the same thing at that length.  Then it started growing again.  She was also stressed out at the time it stopped growing so that didn't help either.  Maybe it's just taking a break :-).  We'll miss you and look forward to your return.

Edited by tdouty - September 06 2007 at 12:08pm

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 6:54pm
I agree with tdouty's thought, maybe you just need some time off to unwind and de-stress?  No matter, take good care of yourself -- and your hair's growth will take care of itself.

Looking forward to "seeing" you again in October. Smile
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:04pm
Susan, you have such amazingly beautiful hair! Growth stalls suck - I'm in one right now. I hope you grow more next month!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:23pm
I agree, lag phases are the pits. I seemed to be at 32 forever. Mabye trieing to keep your mind off of it for a while, and then measureing. Just a thought. I hope everything goes ok with you while you are away. Know that  you are in our thoughts. Good growing!
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:48pm
Bye Susan.  I won't be around as much either since school has started and I am back to work too.  You do have beautiful hair though and I enjoyed looking at your hair journey through pictures.  It is amazing what some people put their hair through - such as me.  I am surprised my hair has never walked off my head and just yelled- THAT'S IT!!! NO MORE!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 10:02am
Awww, thanks everyone for the compliments!  Its nice to hear that my hair is nice!  (that's true Kimbearly, I deserve a little protest after how I treated it before!)
I'm not too stressed right now, but I'm sure you're right, it will kick in again eventually. 
This is officially my last board visit before leaving, so see you all in October!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 8:20am
hope you feel better soon! i love your hair and its probaly what tdouty said!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic