Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Went backwards on hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Went backwards on hair growth
    Posted: September 12 2007 at 6:20pm
Well I kind of went backwards with my hair growth.  I went and had it cut again.  She is a good friend of mine though and she only cut off 3/4 of an inch. My hair is at 22 1/2 inches after she cut it.  I still had a lot of splits so today I did an SD on my hair.  I just need to stay away from scissors I am not going to get anywhere if I don't stop obsessing about these splits.  I am glad to say that they are mostly gone now.  Also I realized that I really don't have that many cause I seperated all the hair out that did not have splits and it was only a layer at the very bottom.  Since when I pick my hair up and look at it thats mostly what I see so I thought my hair was full of splits.  So now I just need to ignore my hair for awhile.  I think hair grows faster when you are pregnant and I am pregnant so I am really looking foward to that.  Unfortunatly when your through being pregnant you lose a lot of hair but its only suppose to be what you did not lose while you were pregnant.  Last time it seemed like a lot of hair but it didn't seem to affect it that much.  While I was doing the SD I had more broken hairs instead of split ends.  You know where it is broken and you see that little white dot.  I hate those because you can't just snip the tip you have to cut it above the white dot.  A lot of the times I have to cut it a half inch or more to get above the white dot.  I was curious what causes the hair to break like that? I guess probably the same thing as what causes the splits right?  I guess I must brush to hard I need to get one of those wooden combs or something.  Well I hate to keep posting about the same thing, I will stop now.

Take care,
Julia
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 12:39pm
For just a minute, when I read this title, I thought someone else did the same thing as me--I recently bought a new tape measure, because the one I had was really old.  Apparently, the old cloth one had shrunk a little at some point, just enough that when I measured with the new one, my hair came up half an inch shorter!  Even though I knew it wasn't any shorter, I wanted to cry...Smile

31"!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 7:33pm
I need to do a S&D.  I was picking at my hair while passing the time in Logic class the other day and found a spilt end with eight spilts on it!  I was so beyond fasinated by it
the lighting in my classroom is really good for looking for split ends, unfortunately I can't really bust out a pair of scissors and do a S&D on my hair
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Lickalime Lickalime wrote:

I was picking at my hair while passing the time in Logic class the other day and found a spilt end with eight spilts on it!

Yeah, I've found hairs that look like a broom at the end.  It's crazy to think something that little could split that many times.

Julia, I'm glad you only got a little trim.  Your hair is very pretty and I can't wait to see more length.  Ignoring it for a while is a good thing.  Don't obsess.  Smile

Edited by hairbraider - September 14 2007 at 10:40pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic