Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SO NOT COOL!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SO NOT COOL!!!
    Posted: September 29 2007 at 1:30pm
My friend Amy had beautiful waist long curls that fell gracefully. she came to school with chin length waves. she was mad and told me that she went to get a 1/2 in count it 1/2 in! inch trim and they cut off 18 inches!!!!!!!!! i was like did you pay and she said yes bc she didnt have a chance to see it till she got home. omg why do stylists think they know better than the customer?!! We're the ones with the hair ugh.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 10:06am
I am so sorry for your friend! CryIt is almost like your identity has been stolen! When I had 12 inches cut off my hair last Nov, I felt like I was not myself.
Maybe you can let her in on all the wonderful things you have learned here. Thumbs%20UpI know it is not one of those things we want to hear when this sort of thing happens, but remind her that she has hair. She is able to grow it out, it is not thinning, or lost due to chemo. It will eventually grow back out.

I guess I wasn't done, hence the edit....

Be her friend, and support her. Most everyone else is not going to understand why she is so upset. They will say things, like its just hair, what's the big deal and so on. Show her that you understand how upset she is, that it is a big deal ( because it is). This sort of thing is very traumatic. I actually got depressed for a few weeks. She is going to need a shoulder to cry one.Hug

Edited by Alisa06 - September 30 2007 at 10:11am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 10:13am
yeah i've told her a lot of tricks like cold water, silicones, etc. and she was really happy. lol she said that she's never going to a stylist ever again
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:14pm
That is terrible!!  I am never going to a salon again, I have heard such horror stories here.  *shudder*

31"!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic