Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help-Do Hats or force/clips damage hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help-Do Hats or force/clips damage hair
    Posted: October 28 2007 at 7:36am
I noticed a post about Hair Halo's and it reminded me WHY I started to wear a hat/visor for example like nike not a full cap.  I noticed recently the strain of putting my hair on top of my head and clipping it in a "bun" lol was pulling the hairs out of my head or making it "frizzy" unless I am having some sort of vitamin problem.

Do Hats like that lead to hair damage-Loss?
My hair is so heavy It is easier to just put it up for sports & regularly really.

Thank you for any input. I have thick blond hair so it is hard to notice but bugging me. 

I wake up with a frizz poof right on top of my forhead (maybe because I sleep with a pillow on it lol.

Edited by borne.blonde - October 28 2007 at 7:37am
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 10:32pm
Hi borne.blonde,

I think the phenomenon you refer to is a form of traction alopecia.  I'm convinced that stuff like you describe can cause some amount of breakage and hairloss.  It isn't easy to avoid such stresses.... all you can do is try to accommodate as well as you can, including by changing your style from time to time (up, down, back... later, rinse, repeat).
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 7:34am
I think also that the hat is probably the cause of the traction pulling.  If your bun is too tight, that can pull the hair out too.  Try not to pull too tight and only use hair safe things (like ouchless elastics that don't have that metal thing on it). 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic