Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - any suggestions?  salon made golden blonde white
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any suggestions? salon made golden blonde white

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zoe03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any suggestions? salon made golden blonde white
    Posted: December 29 2007 at 12:18pm
I was born blonde and with help have stayed blonde. Always just the one step coloring.  Returned to the salon for root touch up and ended up with gold roots but extremely light/whitish ends.  Beautician used a cool shade (I don't know why she changed...didn't ask me) and I don't like the ultra light color.  Her suggestion was to give it a few shampoos and it will "fade" and blend.  Is there any toner or color I could apply to put more of a golden blonde hue to the hair?  My hair is in good condition, never permed, but below my shoulders. 

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Zoe
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 12:48pm
Did she initially bleach & tone your hair or do the touch up then put a toner on the rest of your hair? What products did she use & what color is the rest of your hair now?
zoe03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 3:52pm
In the past I had colored my hair at home with a shampoo in color.  Had been going to a salon for the last several months due to shoulder problems.  Normally just the roots were touched up (brought up to the blonde color).  My roots are a level seven.  This time she put the color on the roots and "refreshed" the ends for about 10 minutes.  But this time she used a cool blonde shade (it was a number and I don't remember) instead of a neutral shade so now the overall color is very very light, whitish blonde but some gold still at the roots.  I told her I thought the color was too light and too white and she said to just wash and condition it and it should blend.  I just wanted a soft golden blonde color....not beach baby blonde.
Zoe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic